Official Name Poll- lets vote on what we think it will be

mar29020

Official Name Poll- lets vote on what we think it will be!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will the new team name be picked by Dan Snyder?

• Hogs
    • RedTails
    • Commanders
    • Warthogs
    • Redwolves
    • Armada
    • Monuments
    • Brigade
    • RedHawks
    • Defenders
    • RedHogs
    • Presidents
    • Washington Football Team
    • Groundhogs
    • Wolves
    • Wolfpack
    • Senators

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/2022 at 11:49 PM

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Why is this hilarious to me?

There may be no greater “tell me you’re talking about WFT without saying you’re talking about WFT” statement than “only one team in the league chooses to use GoDaddy for their domain security needs.”

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

There may be no greater “tell me you’re talking about WFT without saying you’re talking about WFT” statement than “only one team in the league chooses to use GoDaddy for their domain security needs.”

Incredible. I've been looking for a new quote for my signature. Congrats. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’d just say for the record that the domain was transferred to a company that Washington (at least currently) doesn’t use. MarkMonitor is the primary company used by NFL teams (25 teams, it sounds like), but there are 6 that use YardBarker and we currently use GoDaddy for the WFT domain. 

I’ve thought it was Commanders for a while, at least since the dreadful Jason Wright letter to the fans about Redwolves, but I don’t know that this is meaningfully more confirmatory than when Admirals.com was redirecting to the NFL site. 

Remember that any website can redirect their traffic to another site. I've owned dozens of sites before and I remember competitors getting sites lowered in rankings because their competitor's site was associated with sites that engaged in uh...adult "fun" (and that was because the competitor paid the adult site to send a link or two to the legit site). And political shenanigans happen all the time with sites redirecting their traffic to a candidate's website.

But the fact that this is being registered with a company that typically registers and protects the domain names of most of the league is a pretty big indicator. 

I've thought for some time it was Commanders. This pretty much confirms it for me.

Of course, it's a new year and I haven't filled up my "being wrong" deductible yet, so all bets are off I guess.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, e16bball said:

Hahahahahahaha!

63474m.jpg

• Like 1

Hotep Washington Fans,

I was listening to the Junkies this morning on the way into the office (Yes, there are still a few of us who go into work everyday LOL), and I heard the name leaked earlier in the week, and one of my boys who's die hard was down at the "Command Center" last night and sent me a pic....I was going to ask how yall feel....but all i need to do is read the comments LOL.

giphy.gif

• Like 1