Texans fire David Culley

MikeT14

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

QUICK EVERYONE ACT SURPRISED!

To be honest, the only Texans games I watched were two of the Tyrod ones, and whatever RZ showed me. I know I read some gaffs he had.

That said, they seemed to be competitive at times? Certainly didn't quit. The team was gutted, and he didn't have his Top 10 QB. 

He was the lamb to the wolves.

• Like 7

Just now, MikeT14 said:

To be honest, the only Texans games I watched were two of the Tyrod ones, and whatever RZ showed me. I know I read some gaffs he had.

That said, they seemed to be competitive at times? Certainly didn't quit. The team was gutted, and he didn't have his Top 10 QB. 

They must really really really really really really really really want Flores. 

The Texans were indeed bad, but that was expected. I thought Culley did a respectable job with what he had to work with. 

I would've thought Houston would at least try and find some sort of stability out of it. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Yep, I mean there's no way around it they hired him to be a scapegoat. Everyone knew this at the start and yet here we are...

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

why hire him in the first place if 4-13 wasn't going to cut it? that was basically their ceiling.

Because they knew they were hiring an interim HC I guess. UNLESS they're really targeting Flores and think they are going to hire him. That's the only alternative.