Texans fire David Culley

MikeT14

As a frame of reference - no other HC hire has been less than a 4-year contract, fully guaranteed (although there's no published reports of the length of Freddie Kitchens' HC contract).   Pretty clear Caserio & Easterby were planning for Culley to be the fall guy until they could get one of "their" guys.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

What is Tua as a young QB supposed to do with a comment like that though? How does that help him lmao? Just comes off as Flores crying to the guy the team drafted about how he isn't able to shop for the groceries. 

Given I don't know the context of the comment, but I can certainly see something like:

Tua: can't hit the broad side of a barn in practice

Flores: yelling from the sidelines "I should've drafted Mac Jones!"

Could've just been like a typical like trash talk or something you hear all the time in sports. Who knows, but Tua sucks.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can't really say one way or another - people speculate Watson wanted to go to Miami because of Flores, but I don't think there's any truth to that.

I could see Cal and Co willing to come to the table and work it out.

Agreed. What relation do Watson and Flores have other than cordial greetings before games, if even that? I've yet to hear anyone credible bring up any factual information about the relation between the two. Lets not kid ourselves here, the main driver for Watson wanting Miami isn't the organization, ownership or coaching, its the location. As far as I know that hasn't changed even with Flores being fired.

The fact that B Flo, Grier and many high level executive are people of colour also intrigued him I am sure. I guess we'll find out if his relationship or love for Flores as its being reported is greater than his hatred for McNair

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

What is Tua as a young QB supposed to do with a comment like that though? How does that help him lmao? Just comes off as Flores crying to the guy the team drafted about how he isn't able to shop for the groceries. 

He's just salty Tua led the Dolphins to an upset victory over the Ravens.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

Haven't read the thread, but I'm assuming this is in response to Flores being fired. You've got the Patriots connection, plus his alleged interest in trading for Watson...do the Texans think he might salvage their relationship with him?

This is my assumption as well - top to bottom. I think Watson isn't interested in Flores, but we'll see.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Given I don't know the context of the comment, but I can certainly see something like:

Tua: can't hit the broad side of a barn in practice

Flores: yelling from the sidelines "I should've drafted Mac Jones!"

Could've just been like a typical like trash talk or something you hear all the time in sports. Who knows, but Tua sucks.

Yeah it could have been a comment in jest, and if so, that's whatever. But if it was like Flores angrily saying a comment like that in the hallway or sidelines out of frustration, then...yeah I don't see how that helps him.