Texans fire David Culley

MikeT14

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

I mean tbf I imagine Caserio spent the entire last 2 days begging Flores (thru text) to come to Houston. They probably have some sort of back door deal worked out already. 

Exactly, as soon as Flores was fired... Caserio and Easterby we're probably chatting with him non stop.

GMs traditionally don't get three hires in a tenure, so Caserio is burning this mulligan with some confidence in what he's doing.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

wonder if bringing in flores has any impact on Watson

I don't know if I believe Watson wanted to go to Miami for Flores. It's the one wildcard in this.

Even if Watson wanted back, do you want HIM back?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IDK if it was coaching between OC Kelly and QBC Pep Hamilton or what..but Tyrod Taylor played better than he ever has in his career (and he's not good) and someone got Mills to progress rapidly thru the season. Losing this guy for whoever Flores finds might not be a good thing.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't know if I believe Watson wanted to go to Miami for Flores. It's the one wildcard in this.

Even if Watson wanted back, do you want HIM back?

Absolutely yes.  His off field stuff is bad, but will eventually resolve itself.  What remains is a top 10 qb.  

28 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

All the Patriot Way connections with Saban. I’ve read a few reports too that Flores and Tua worked well together. I’ll admit I don’t follow either that closely and have heard conflicting reports on the Flores/Tua thing but I know, given that BO’B hated Watson, there’s no way he sticks around with Flores given that both are cut from the same Belichick cloth and those guys stick together. 

• Like 2