Texans fire David Culley

MikeT14

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong...but this is utterly insane, isn't it?

On what planet did Culley do a bad job? On what planet does Easterby have a better option lined up and ready to go?

I wish it was a lot easier for the NFL to swoop in and pick apart these insane franchises. Because this is beyond bizarre. The fans in Houston deserve better than this. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Which leads me to this theory...

I so need this to happen.

If this were to happen, the Jags hire BOB, Colts suffer an epic collapse because of Wentz and the Titans were to win the Super Bowl within this next month, I’m retiring as a fan. It truly wouldn’t get any better than that. Feels like that Vince McMahon meme right now.

22 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

So if we hire David Culley, we’ll get third round picks in 2021 and 2022. Then we fire him after one year and hire another POC as head coach and get third round picks in 2022 and 2023?

I wonder how long this new policy is going to last? 

I’m pretty sure the Ravens got the 3rd round picks, not the team doing the hiring. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

On the flip side to play Devil's advocate here, despite all of those things the Texans still won the same amount of games they did last year with a clear void of talent. Is the theory that Flores or Mayo are going to step in with the foundation that's there and do a better job and not make those mistakes in year one? Idk, I'm just spit balling. I expected Culley to be awful as a coach, but I mean all things considered I have a hard time believing he was.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"It's one big club, and you ain't in it" -everyone who isn't a Belichick assistant or from the Shanahan coaching tree or the next-big College Football offensive coach

Shanahan tree at least has been successful as HCs so far.