Former Broncos and Bears ILB DJ Williams admits McDaniels led Broncos team cheated

BullsandBroncos

7 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I mean, there was a reason Dougie P ran a fake walkthrough before the Super Bowl. Did the dummy practice actually trick the Pats? No one knows... But did Nick Foles look like Joe Montana that day? He sure did.... 🤷‍♂️

He looked like Joe Montana in the NFCCG as well.

False cause analogy

We heard the same crap about how Brady could only throw a forward pass with secret deflated footballs.

How did that work out?

Edited by SkippyX

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Haven't read through the thread but I'm sure the usual morons have taken the opportunity to take a jab at the Patriots in this unverified story about the Broncos.

Fwiw, I pray that Flores somehow makes it back to NE as Belichick's successor over McDaniels.

I thought this was already news and the Broncos got fined for it like 10 years ago.

Since nobody can seem to Google search anything.....here is the article from 10 years ago.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/spygate-ii-nfl-fines-broncos-coach-josh-mcdaniels-team-employee-videotaped-49ers-walkthrough-article-1.454047

• Like 1

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Haven't read through the thread but I'm sure the usual morons have taken the opportunity to take a jab at the Patriots in this unverified story about the Broncos.

Fwiw, I pray that Flores somehow makes it back to NE as Belichick's successor over McDaniels.

It wouldn't be an NFL cheating story if the Patriots weren't in some way related or involved. Get over it lol.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I thought this was already news and the Broncos got fined for it like 10 years ago.

Since nobody can seem to Google search anything.....here is the article from 10 years ago.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/spygate-ii-nfl-fines-broncos-coach-josh-mcdaniels-team-employee-videotaped-49ers-walkthrough-article-1.454047

10 years ago I graduated high school so my memory was a bit foggy. I thought I was remembering some about the 49ers being recorded.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, ChazStandard said:

Yeah I just looked it up, the Broncos didn't play SF in 2009 when they started 6-0, they didn't play SF 'til the next year.

I've watched a few of the episodes with him and the man like McCoy said needs to stay off the alcohol lol. Very few of his stories actually seem accurate. 

Could the Broncos of cheated? Of course, but just because Williams said it doesn't mean it happened. After all, he already was wrong about the year the team played the Niners. Could also be he got the opponent name wrong and McDaniels was cheating, who knows. Just saying, can't really go off of what Williams was saying on that episode. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right lol IDK why this is being treated as Breaking News just discovered in 2022.

I linked the Denver Post article on page 2 or 3.

A rouge coach took a window of opportunity presented by the London game to do something stupid.

It was proven that McDaniels knew the idiot filmed the 49ers. McDaniels did not immediately report the issue. (why he got the fine)

There is zero proof that McDaniels used the video for any type of cheating or that DJ the Drunk was ever told about it by any Broncos coach.

The NEWS here is that DJ read the Denver Post in 2010 (or talked to someone else who did) and that his memory is crap.

Edited by SkippyX

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right lol IDK why this is being treated as Breaking News just discovered in 2022.

They got caught being taping the 49ers practice but WIlliams made it seem like there was more to it and he's a trustworthy source imo. Very respected leader in our locker room for years. 

Imagine thinking that lower level staffers just “go rogue” to break rules on their own and that the official story that conveniently sidesteps any wrong doing by the prominent coach “declining to view the rogue footage” like some moral superhero is actually what happened.

And the guy old enough to be his father who conveniently met Chase Young shortly before he enrolled on campus and got caught giving him thousands of dollars during his Rose Bowl trip was surely a close family friend who only gave Chase thousands of dollars that one time, “to help his girlfriend.”

And Arizona State illegally hosting recruits during the nationwide shut down and paying for their trips was all the idea of a graduate assistant who ran the operation all on his own.

Riight.

Edited by BigD88
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, SkippyX said:

A has-been who is in no way relevant now gets a bit of fame...

This supposedly happened in 2009 or 2010, they got caught, and the NFL decided not to punish McDaniels out of the kindness of their hearts?

People will believe anything as long as it checks off the confirmation bias.

The 2009 Broncos did start out 6-0. Too bad they did not play SF that year.

The 2010 Broncos gave up 199 points in their first seven games before that SF game.

myth-busted.jpg

Lets revisit this if and only if a high character guy like Brian Dawkins confirms the cheating.

Whether it's amnesia or straight-up trolling/wanting 15 minutes of fame, he/they DID get caught cheating (old habits die hard, after all), just not THAT year.