2022 Head Coach Thread

LORK88

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It looks like it...

It has to be. Otherwise, I feel like we'd ride out Culley one more year and grab Josh McDaniels next offseason. It's weird because I kind of get BOB vibes from Flores in the sense of wanting to hoard power, but I feel like Caserio will be good for him and keep him in check. They at least have a mutual respect (or at least should) so it's less likely we get into a "him or me" situation. What's unfortunate is Lovey's defense over-achieved this year. I'd be great for him to come back, but I expect Flores to want his own staff. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Shefter is tweeing Jerod Mayo is the favorite for the job.  You gotta be kidding me.

I don’t hate it. I love the idea of a younger coach not that far removed from playing. Need to make sure we get the right offensive cord and keep Lovie smith. Could be a Mike vrebel kind of hiring. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Shefter is tweeing Jerod Mayo is the favorite for the job.  You gotta be kidding me.

He might get an interview, but - given the timing - I can't see anyone but Flores.

He's basically very good friends with the owner.

• Like 1

I'll add this - simply because the Texans are the most unpredictable team in the NFL - Nick Caserio emerging as a HC option should be considered.

This franchise has done crazier things. Caserio has more coaching experience than BoB and Easterby combined when they became co-GMs.

• Like 1

I think it’s Mayo — he seems very much like a Caserio guy. 

Also, I’m skeptical of Flores being the choice because 1) I think he’ll have more enticing offers potentially and 2) he was the driving force in Miami wanting to get Watson. It seems odd that he would want to come to Houston knowing that Watson is a goner. Also, it seems weird that he has a very close relationship with Easterby AND still wanted to trade for Watson considering Easterby was a reason why Watson wanted out.