2022 Head Coach Thread

LORK88

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m gonna say something that is not popular. I kinda low key LOVE the idea of Mccown. The dude has had the chance to see inside a ton of franchises in his playing career. I read the other day that he gave Emmett smith his last hand off and threw Fitzgerald his first pass…..

but man I think if he makes the correct hires for the coordinator positions, especially offense, I think he can be a player’s coach and really turn into something special. 

and if it doesn’t, I mean we are at the beginning of a rebuild anyway. 

Caserio’s making the hires. And I bet the staff stays relatively unchanged 

15 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

this team is a freaking joke. mccown really????

Welp... guess this is a thing.

For once, I'd like to see this team do something conventional. Something a normal franchise would do.

The last few years has sunk this team into a toilet, and I don't think it's ever going to get out of it. This is suck a freaking disaster.

7 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Caserio’s making the hires. And I bet the staff stays relatively unchanged 

Good job convincing guys like Pep and Lovie that they're now reporting to a former HS assistant coach...

This is such a disaster. I don't know how this team is SO tone deaf. 

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

At least we have additional finalist 

Jack Easterby is very much a guy who understands human nature and psychological games - it's how he got to where he is, he is a master at it (and I'm not saying this as a slight against him, it's a valuable talent to rely on in multiple industries). 

I say that to say - what if this Josh McCown talk is just a false flag to make Jonathan Gannon a more appealing choice? There's very little doubt that McCown is nearly a unanimous dislike across the fanbase - just based on social media response. So, pretty much anyone who isn't Josh McCown will get off on the right foot with the fanbase. Gannon isn't Flores, who is the fan favorite by all accounts - but he's mostly not McCown, which is progress when you frame it as McCown vs Gannon.

Does this seem possible to anyone else?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Jack Easterby is very much a guy who understands human nature and psychological games - it's how he got to where he is, he is a master at it (and I'm not saying this as a slight against him, it's a valuable talent to rely on in multiple industries). 

I say that to say - what if this Josh McCown talk is just a false flag to make Jonathan Gannon a more appealing choice? There's very little doubt that McCown is nearly a unanimous dislike across the fanbase - just based on social media response. So, pretty much anyone who isn't Josh McCown will get off on the right foot with the fanbase. Gannon isn't Flores, who is the fan favorite by all accounts - but he's mostly not McCown, which is progress when you frame it as McCown vs Gannon.

They interviewed McCown last year too, so I doubt it. This feels like someone seeing something they want but know other people are going to think it’s dumb, like a 20 foot tall pink yard flamingo. They can’t stop coming back to it. They got the itch to get it and won’t stop thinking about it till they have it

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I think we might end up with Gannon as head coach and Mccown as an assistant head coach. 

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think we might end up with Gannon as head coach and Mccown as an assistant head coach. 

I guess I wouldn't mind that too much, but it would still make me uneasy at the process. What do you tell Pep Hamilton? He's now reporting to a guy who is not nearly as qualified as him.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I.was.thinking.the.same.thing.

I hope we still get Flores... but it's like when we had Khan & Bineiemy lined up last year... and then heart break.

How many fans were like at least Culley is not McCown?  Loads probably

How come we can't just hire the competent coach that used to work with our GM??? it's a simple ask....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

I.was.thinking.the.same.thing.

I hope we still get Flores... but it's like when we had Khan & Bineiemy lined up last year... and then heart break.

How many fans were like at least Culley is not McCown?  Loads probably

How come we can't just hire the competent coach that used to work with our GM??? it's a simple ask....

Culley had zero chance of working out long term. Mccown does.