2022 Head Coach Thread

LORK88

23 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Watch we still hire him lol

He was dealing with a truly dysfunctional organization - more dysfunctional than Casserole and Easterbunny - and still pulled off two winning seasons in Miami.

Build the man a statue if you have to!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Unless Cal wanted the other owners to hate him, I doubt Flores coaches again. Or at the least this year.

If anything, it would disprove the original claim Flores made - sure, Miami/NYG/Denver are on the hook, but the NFL would have an example of "the process" working if Flores was offered the Houston (or New Orleans) job. One of these two teams could "protect the Shield" if you will 

Not wanting to dive into this topic TOO much (site rules and all) but the Texans hiring a completely unqualified Josh McCown over Flores would only strengthen Flores' case.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If anything, it would disprove the original claim Flores made - sure, Miami/NYG/Denver are on the hook, but the NFL would have an example of "the process" working if Flores was offered the Houston (or New Orleans) job. One of these two teams could "protect the Shield" if you will 

Not wanting to dive into this topic TOO much (site rules and all) but the Texans hiring a completely unqualified Josh McCown over Flores would only strengthen Flores' case.

Ya, I believe with this lawsuit it effectively removed McCown from the running 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Ya, I believe with this lawsuit it effectively removed McCown from the running 

Don't underestimate the stupidity in the building. Hiring McCown in spite of everything going on right now would be incredibly on brand for Texans football...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Unless Cal wanted the other owners to hate him, I doubt Flores coaches again. Or at the least this year.

Who's to say they don't play Call of Duty with him so he doesn't care about them hating him? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

My guy who somehow knows some people that seem to be plugged in have been telling him all day Gannon is the guy and they’ll announce before weeks end.

I would love O'Connell or Flores, but I I'd be content with Gannon. He still fits the mold of young, up and coming coordinator. I think he'll be a better HC than he would be DC which is rare. I would be really curious who he'd bring in as his offensive coordinator, that will be what really determines how I ultimately feel if this is the decision. Sure beats the hell out of McCown. 

• Like 1