2022 Head Coach Thread

LORK88

6 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

This is really the only move that makes sense taking everything into consideration. Their man came available, which is why Culley was fired, plus the “Future Mike Tomlin” quote from Caserio 

i mean they look alike...lol jk

im hope that news is true.  Flores would be an excellent choice at HC given our situation.  Im actually shocked he would come to us over several NFL openings.  Clearly Caserio has a plan.

56 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Lombardi might be a pretty good choice given his body of work with the Lions, Saints and Chargers.  I had no idea Hines Ward was coaching at FAU. 

Lombardi's stint with the Lions was less than impressive though. Not that I would automatically rule him out because of it, but something to really consider. 

After thinking about it, I have a favorite candidate. This is assuming we go with someone who has ties to Nick and Easterby. I am not going to look at guys without connections at this point. 

I would go with Brian Daboll, OC Buffalo. He came up with Nick and Easterby in NE, they share the same agent, I love the work he has done with Josh Allen and that offense. He understands the need for a solid OL and he understands today's nfl and needing to be able to throw the ball. Imagine Buffalo's offense playing on turf indoors half the year. That gets me excited. 

That also allows us to keep Lovie at DC, who will be turning 63 in May and will likely never see HC again. This sets us up long-term. Either it works or in 3-4 years we are blowing it up again. 

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Let’s hire Demeco Ryans. Why not, dude is a successful D cord and is a homegrown dude. 

I don't want him simply because I don't want him to be judged on the disaster that'll be next season - this roster will be as poor next year as it is this year, and this team will probably lose 13-14 next season too.

Let's not let 'Meco deal with that to start his HC career.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't want him simply because I don't want him to be judged on the disaster that'll be next season - this roster will be as poor next year as it is this year, and this team will probably lose 13-14 next season too.

Let's not let 'Meco deal with that to start his HC career.

We won’t be worse next year. We will win 5-7 games.