Draft question for Raider's fans:

Suffering_Bills

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree though that his skill-set is pretty limited from a pass rushing perspective and if his conditioning isn't on point he's going to have a hard time staying on the field. I also think that his weight could lead to some injury issues down the road. I personally don't want Davis or Elam in the first round but would probably lean Davis if those were our two options. I like Travis Jones in round 2/3 or BJ Hill in free agency more though.

Yeah Jones is a legit pass rusher inside, 27 pressures. Davis could be amazing if he can develop pass rush moves and shed 20lbs, i also hope he is shorter than 6'7. Elam I like but he had a bad year so I get the reticence on him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Yeah Jones is a legit pass rusher inside, 27 pressures. Davis could be amazing if he can develop pass rush moves and shed 20lbs, i also hope he is shorter than 6'7. Elam I like but he had a bad year so I get the reticence on him. 

Yeah Jones is one of the most underrated prospects in the class. And Davis could be dominant but carries a lot of question marks for a first round pick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Georgia with Davis on the field: 2.7 yards per play, 3.5 ypc, 40% QB hit rate

Georgia with Davis off the field: 4.1 yards per play, 5.9 ypc, 34% QB hit rate

There's a reason that he got some Heisman hype and won the best DL award this season. He needs to get his conditioning under control but if he can do that he's going to be a good player, just won't ever be a great pass rusher.

That's true and getting stops on 3rd and short/on the goal line is really key. If he comes into the combine in shape, I'm all for it.

8 hours ago, KlenlyKenny said:

I'd say a corner. Fast. However considering Mullen got hurt and he could be back next year, the pick might be a different position. Defensive tackle would be a good pick given the fact we have a MLB who can play lights out. 

Hayward will be 33 next season and is a free agent this offseason, since we're likely moving on from Gus, I don't think Casey is back. Mullen (if he can stay healthy) and Hobbs are all we really have at CB.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hayward will be 33 next season and is a free agent this offseason, since we're likely moving on from Gus, I don't think Casey is back. Mullen (if he can stay healthy) and Hobbs are all we really have at CB.

That's why I think CB will be the pick. Hayward also got hurt this year. 

2 hours ago, KlenlyKenny said:

That's why I think CB will be the pick. Hayward also got hurt this year. 

Free agency will play a huge role in what we decide to do, as will our coaching hire. I'd prefer to go after a good veteran CB in free agency. JC Jackson or Carlton Davis if we want a true #1 guy. Steven Nelson, Charvarius Ward, or Donte Jackson if we're looking for a more affordable option.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Free agency will play a huge role in what we decide to do, as will our coaching hire. I'd prefer to go after a good veteran CB in free agency. JC Jackson or Carlton Davis if we want a true #1 guy. Steven Nelson, Charvarius Ward, or Donte Jackson if we're looking for a more affordable option.

Those sound like great additions to the team 👍🏼. We may just need one CB with Hobbs back there as well. Hobbs+Mullen+ a free agent or draft would leave us with 3 good ones in total. 

15 minutes ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Those sound like great additions to the team 👍🏼. We may just need one CB with Hobbs back there as well. Hobbs+Mullen+ a free agent or draft would leave us with 3 good ones in total. 

I'd probably prefer a veteran just because we've seen young CB's struggle for us in the past few seasons.