2022 Free Agency

grizmo78

I was just looking at our 2016 draft and weirdly, every single player apart from our first round pick is still in the league 

1. Paxton Lynch (Out of league)

2. Adam Gotsis (Jaguars)

3. Justin Simmons (Broncos)

4. Devontae Booker (Giants)

5. Connor McGovern (Jets)

6. Andy Janovich (Browns)

6. Will Parks (Jets)

7. Riley Dixon (Giants) 

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Carlos Henderson lol. What a god awful draft pick. McKenzie has had a career revival in Buffalo since they actually use him properly (shocking). But yeah, the stubbornness of "win-now and now on" was dumb and prolonged the mediocrity.

7 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

That 2017 second day was awful. Demarcus Walker (to his credit, he’s still in the league, but well short of his second round standard), Carlos Henderson and Brendan Langley (who?)

That draft would have been 2009-level horrible if Munchak hadn’t turned Garett Bolles career around. 

The part that killed re: Henderson was he was pretty much a more expensive and slightly less toolsy version of McKenzie.   The next 2 WR on the Big Board were Kenny Golladay and Chris Godwin.  Who went right after.   Agony lol.  

I don’t miss the Draft Day 2 futility days lol.  Simmons the only guy who hit or even was ok in the Elway 2013-17 run lol. 

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

I was just looking at our 2016 draft and weirdly, every single player apart from our first round pick is still in the league 

1. Paxton Lynch (Out of league)

2. Adam Gotsis (Jaguars)

3. Justin Simmons (Broncos)

4. Devontae Booker (Giants)

5. Connor McGovern (Jets)

6. Andy Janovich (Browns)

6. Will Parks (Jets)

7. Riley Dixon (Giants) 

Day 3 was always a strength with Elway.  Gotta give him his props there.  

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

The part that killed re: Henderson was he was pretty much a more expensive and slightly less toolsy version of McKenzie.   The next 2 WR on the Big Board were Kenny Golladay and Chris Godwin.  Who went right after.   Agony lol.  

I don’t miss the Draft Day 2 futility days lol.  Simmons the only guy who hit or even was ok in the Elway 2013-17 run lol. 

Oh my god Brendan Langley lmao. I remember him. The converted WR to CB who played at football powerhouse LAMAR. He's now in something called the gridiron football league (???)

We’ve taken some bust corners in rounds 2 and 3 over the years

2009 - Alphonso Smith (Cut after 1 season, after we traded a future 1st for him)

2013 - Kayvon Webster (I mean he wasn’t bad depth/special teams, but tended to get beat a lot when he had to start)

2017 - Brendan Langley (Lasted one season then was moved to WR on the practice squad)

2018 - Isaac Yiadom (He’s actually an okay depth piece, but failed to nail down a role in our defense and was traded for a ham sandwich)

2020 - Michael Ojemudia (I actually thought he showed some promise as a rookie, but the resources we put in to the CB position last year tells me Paton isn’t thrilled with him) 

7 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Shocking to see McDaniels sign someone who used to play for the Patriots. I sure didn’t see that coming…

We have to be noticing the vast improvements on D with regard to the chargers and raiders don't we especially with regard to the pass rush?  I'd rather have a proven RT then try and find one in the draft.  Still some good tackles out there.............

22 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

That press conference was awesome and Russell wilson holding up the jersey with Paton and Hackett side to side looked wayyy better and more serious Than Elway, Vance , and keenum . 

Yeah I was just going to say if anyone didn’t watch it, do so when you can. I’ve long been a fan of Russ, back to his Wisconsin days, but it’s impossible not to like that man. 

Let’s just get the right owner now because we have a great GM, a HOF QB and a HC and staff that I’m very, very high on. The culture has changed. Let’s just cross our fingers we don’t end up with some idiot owner, a Snyder, a Kahn, a Haslem, et al., that screws the whole thing up. 

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah I was just going to say if anyone didn’t watch it, do so when you can. I’ve long been a fan of Russ, back to his Wisconsin days, but it’s impossible not to like that man. 

Let’s just get the right owner now because we have a great GM, a HOF QB and a HC and staff that I’m very, very high on. The culture has changed. Let’s just cross our fingers we don’t end up with some idiot owner, a Snyder, a Kahn, a Haslem, et al., that screws the whole thing up. 

it just feels like we're back I got chills hearing Russel say I want the offense to feel like every play we call can be a touch down.

• Like 2