2022 Free Agency

grizmo78

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I really like this move.

I think a few of us spotted Saubert in the preseason and were impressed. I look forward to seeing what he can do with a competent QB throwing to him.

And the reality is he just fits our roster as our best inline TE.  These guys aren't going to put up huge numbers, but they matter so much on good teams.   The play-action fake dive at the GL or 3rd and short, that's where these guys make their receiving chops, don't have to be great, just efficient.   If you can be a run game asset, then it's an ideal fit at bargain prices (which at this point in the offseason, have to believe it's what Paton got).   

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 7:55 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I really like this move.

I think a few of us spotted Saubert in the preseason and were impressed. I look forward to seeing what he can do with a competent QB throwing to him.

Yeah, I thought he was pretty good. And he went to Drake, which I attended for one year, before getting arrested twice. Wait I hate that place 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, I thought he was pretty good. And he went to Drake, which I attended for one year, before getting arrested twice. Wait I hate that place 

Ha, you got arrested? And twice?

What for, wearing sandals? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

raiders signed Kenny Young today.

I’ve never understood all the Kenny Young hype among Broncos Country. He was a replacement player mid season that the Rams basically gave to us. He isn’t that good of a player. 

Saw Broncos looking at DL Akiem Hicks. I could see signing him then cutting Purcell and using his salary savings to pay towards Hicks salary. Wouldn't be disappointed, a definite win-now move. Realistically, we have enough cap room to pay both but seems redundant to keep Purcell too. 

On 5/9/2022 at 6:08 PM, Winder23 said:

I’ve never understood all the Kenny Young hype among Broncos Country. He was a replacement player mid season that the Rams basically gave to us. He isn’t that good of a player. 

I think the Kenny Young hype is due to the fact the Broncos have nothing else notable about the rest of their LBs. Especially now moving Browning to more of a rusher role.

This team just doesnt give a bleep about spending premium picks on LBs so we just roll with mid-round type guys who can 'get us by'. The last notable LB on this team I can remember who actually made plays was Danny Trevathan--and even he was a 5th rounder.

I miss the days of Al Wilson/DJ Williams/Ian Gold and for once would like to have another top tier dominant LB.

Maybe Paton surprises us and gets Anthony Barr, that would be exciting

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

The Broncos have said nothing about moving Browning to a rushing role.  They said they were going to try him out there.  I suspect with the amount of Edge guys we have now, that he will move back to ILB. But nothing wrong with seeing what he can do as a rusher, if he his needed there in a pinch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

The Broncos have said nothing about moving Browning to a rushing role.  They said they were going to try him out there.  I suspect with the amount of Edge guys we have now, that he will move back to ILB. But nothing wrong with seeing what he can do as a rusher, if he his needed there in a pinch.

This was after the draft, Browning is moving to OLB/EDGE. Which he was up and down with at Ohio St. They literally tried this with him in college and it didn't work and he couldnt learn quickly enough how to change roles, why are we going down that same road again.

"You know that LB we took last year in the 3rd looked really good in coverage at the end of the season.....you know what we should do? Make him play a different position that we already have 5 capable guys at. It will be brilliant"

I am a Ohio St. fan and I absolutely despise moving Baron to OLB/EDGE. Thats not his role. His role is to be a athletic freak who can cover in space, moving him closer to the line to rush the QB is not utilizing what he is best at--its forcing him to be something he isnt. 

He skillset is exactly like Danny Trevathan, would you move Danny to be a pass rusher in 2015??

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:35 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I’m annoyed by this. More ok with it if he transitions full time but don’t regulate him to a tweener… reminds me of Justin Hollins who I think could have developed into a really good Pass Rusher but we had him cross trained everywhere. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

I’m annoyed by this. More ok with it if he transitions full time but don’t regulate him to a tweener… reminds me of Justin Hollins who I think could have developed into a really good Pass Rusher but we had him cross trained everywhere. 

I am too...I thought he was developing into a nice ILB for the Broncos. If has the versatility to slide over into an edge role, GREAT! But, thought we have one half of the ILB spot taken care of for awhile.  We are loaded at OLB...why do we need another guy there? 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:43 AM, grizmo78 said:

The more I think about this, the more I hate it.

We are so thin at ILB that one injury is almost definitely going to lead to Browning moving back to ILB, or at best, having to split reps between the two. 

That isn't giving a young player the best chance to succeed; not by a long shot.

• Like 2