Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

On 12/6/2017 at 12:30 AM, jrry32 said:

Different strokes for different folks. I thoroughly enjoyed The Punisher, but I knew I'd show up in here to people complaining about it. It seems like that's common for each of these series. Either people have unrealistic expectations, or they're looking for something more than I am. It's probably both. I was entertained. That's all I ask.

100% agreed here jrry. I finished it last night and enjoyed it a lot. I'm a HUGE Punisher fan though, and I suspect many here are not.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Would have liked more punishing, but was ultimately happy. 

Episodes 1, 11, 12, and 13 was the Punisher to a T in the "Punishing" and "Special Interrogation" departments. 2-10 not as much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Where's the big bad guy here?  He doesn't have one.  

I don't think this was an issue with it.  It had a lot of issues, but I don't think this was it.  It had two villains, and both of them were better than Iron Fist or The Defender series villains.  Plus, it was basically an origin story for next season's main villain, wasn't it?  To the people who have watched it, isn't what happened to the one villain essentially the birth of a comics villain? 

• Like 1

I loved The Punisher, actually can't believe there are people complaining about it (although I really shouldn't be surprised nowadays). I'm a huge fan of his and thought Bernthal absolutely killed it. The series was everything I wanted out of it and I'm excited to see where they go from here. Episodes 1-8 were really good, but from episode 9 on it was fantastic.

Finally finished Punisher tonight. I enjoyed it. My only complaint is how quickly Frank healed from injuries. In season two, he needs to get stabbed/shot/"seriously" hurt less.

I never watched Luke Cage, Iron First or Defenders. So I can't compare to them. But I liked it better than Jessica Jones and probably a little less than Daredevil.

• 1 month later...

Finally caught up on The Punisher and The Defenders.  Defenders was OK, I enjoyed it but not great.  I'm glad all the storylines around the Hand are done though.  Ready for a new set of villains.  Punisher was great.  Probably my second favorite after season 1 of Daredevil.  I'd rank the seasons as such:

1. Daredevil: Season 1
  2. The Punisher
  3. Daredevil: Season 2
  4. The Defenders
  5. Luke Cage
  6. Iron Fist
  7. Jessica Jones

I've enjoyed all of them.  I like Jessica Jones, but without Kilgrave and a lesser extent Luke Cage season 1 would have been abysmal.  Still think her character has promise though, enough to where I'm looking forward to season 2.  Iron Fist gets too much crap imo.  I thought it was solid.  Loved what David Wehnam did, and thought it has a solid storyline.  I agree Finn Jones could have been better (and I think he was to an extent in The Defenders) but I don't think he was nearly as bad as some complain.

• 4 weeks later...

The Defenders left a bad taste in my mouth, Punisher was a step in the right direction for sure and hopefully Jessica Jones can be as good as season 1 without Tennant as the main bad guy. At least we get hallucination Tennant I guess.

28 minutes ago, Acgott said:

This comes out in a few days, and I have heard very little about it. The Netflix shows need a spark. Any suggestions?

Too much of a good thing? While some of the Netflix marvel series have been less than amazing (Iron Fist) most are still entertaining to great. However, there is a TON of them now on a streaming service whose marketing relies on word of mouth. With the shine off, despite quality being okay to good still, the hype is no longer there. No one is sharing it on twitter and the like and Netflix doesn't really promote on TV 

• Like 1