Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think I've lost interest.  Tried watching Luke Cage, didn't like it.  Tried watching Iron Fist, didn't like it.  I think Jessica Jones just completely killed this series for me. 

Such a shame. I'm going to enjoy it. 

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm pumped.  5 seasons worth of fleshed out characters, villains (sans Sigourney Weaver's new character), and side characters teaming up into one season where the focus can be more on the story at hand and not the backstory of the protagonists.

Im excited as well. Only Luke Cage has been a misstep imo. Loved Jessica Jones and Daredevil 2, and Daredevil 1 and Iron Fist were adequate. Plus, I think having Luke Cage and Iron Fist together will definitely mask their deficiencies as characters.

I read some of the early reviews (critics were given the first 4 episodes, I believe), and from what I can see, it's largely positive except for Iron Fist once again. I'll probably binge it over the first two days. I don't need it to be great, just entertaining. 

Weaver is supposedly excellent in her role. 

On 8/11/2017 at 10:12 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I think I've lost interest.  Tried watching Luke Cage, didn't like it.  Tried watching Iron Fist, didn't like it.  I think Jessica Jones just completely killed this series for me. 

I'm in the same boat. Enjoyed both daredevil seasons. JJ was ok but had a great villion. Cage was better but the villain sucked and killed a potential great character. Haven't watched Iron Fist after hearing the reviews. Might just skip it and just watch the defenders.

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

I'm in the same boat. Enjoyed both daredevil seasons. JJ was ok but had a great villion. Cage was better but the villain sucked and killed a potential great character. Haven't watched Iron Fist after hearing the reviews. Might just skip it and just watch the defenders.

I tried again to watch Luke Cage and I just could not tolerate it.  It was awful to me, so i tried Iron Fist again.  Iron Fist is tolerable because of the other characters, but Danny Rand is obnoxious.  I'm almost through with it. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I tried again to watch Luke Cage and I just could not tolerate it.  It was awful to me, so i tried Iron Fist again.  Iron Fist is tolerable because of the other characters, but Danny Rand is obnoxious.  I'm almost through with it. 

Luke cage was very hit or miss. But was easier for me to get through than JJ.

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

Luke cage was very hit or miss. But was easier for me to get through than JJ.

It's because I sat through Jessica Jones that I'm not willing to sit through Luke Cage.  I don't need to watch something that will bother me completely just to keep up with Daredevil's continuity of characters. 

Looking forward to this. Admittedly, the excitement has come down some after the disappointment that was Iron Fist, but I think this can still be a very enjoyable series.

And I think Luke Cage is another case of trying to force super hero tropes into a series that didn't necessarily need it to succeed. Cottonmouth was such a great character/villain, but they went and replaced him (for no real reason) with two villains who could be considered more "comic book" type characters and from that point forward, the story just started to get hokey. Still better than Iron Fist though. Never in a million years did I think I would come to dislike Loras Tyrell as much as I have lol.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Looking forward to this. Admittedly, the excitement has come down some after the disappointment that was Iron Fist, but I think this can still be a very enjoyable series.

And I think Luke Cage is another case of trying to force super hero tropes into a series that didn't necessarily need it to succeed. Cottonmouth was such a great character/villain, but they went and replaced him (for no real reason) with two villains who could be considered more "comic book" type characters and from that point forward, the story just started to get hokey. Still better than Iron Fist though. Never in a million years did I think I would come to dislike Loras Tyrell as much as I have lol.

Yep. I was actually into Luke Cage until Cottonmouth was removed from the equation. At the very end of the season, it completely nosedived. Was extremely disappointing. But I was into it from the start, so I'm certainly going to give season 2 a chance.