Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

Won't post anything spoilery since I'm sure many are still working their way through it, what with it just releasing today, but, I'm mildly disappointed. It's well better than what Iron Fist was. Not the kind of mess that the end of Luke Cage was either. But it doesn't live up to most of Daredevil or Jessica Jones. It was just kind of okay, for me. A few actors, characters, and scenes were absolutely phenomenal, but the overall product wasn't, and there were some really poor choices in terms of script and plot.

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Is it even worth watching?

I'd say barely.  Everything about every Defenders character series with the exception of Daredevil and Daredevil season 2 have been devolving more and more towards Network television quality crap.  Daredevil and elements created in Daredevil keeps it watchable.  The rest is basically crap.  Henceforth I think I'm going to ignore everything except for Daredevil and Punisher. 

I binged the whole season in two days.  It was solid, enjoyable enough that I'd recommend people who like the Marvel Netflix characters to watch it.  However, the series is seriously lacking a credible villain.  And I know they intentionally were building up to this point, but I'm pretty burned out on the Hand being the main villain.  

I've watched all of it.  Reasonably good.

8 episodes is about right.

Felt like a Daredevil/Iron Fist crossover which so happened to have Jessica Jones and Luke Cage in it.  Luke Cage is perfect as a supporting character (like he was in Jessica Jones), but JJ needed a bigger part imo.  Hopefully Punisher, JJ season 2 and Daredevil season 3 comes around soon.

Just now, O'Doyle Rules said:

Lol at cage making an excuse for that kid for what he was doing.

That wasn't even the worst part.  The way he acted like Danny shouldn't even have touched him because he was misunderstood was the worst part about it.  The kid's brother and sister were killed, his brother for doing exactly what he was doing, and he did it anyway.  I didn't feel the smallest bit of sympathy for the kid because he knew what he was doing was illegal, and he knew, based on his brother's death, that the people he was working for were probably going to kill him, yet he did it anyway. 

Luke Cage is just dumb. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That wasn't even the worst part.  The way he acted like Danny shouldn't even have touched him because he was misunderstood was the worst part about it.  The kid's brother and sister were killed, his brother for doing exactly what he was doing, and he did it anyway.  I didn't feel the smallest bit of sympathy for the kid because he knew what he was doing was illegal, and he knew, based on his brother's death, that the people he was working for were probably going to kill him, yet he did it anyway. 

Luke Cage is just dumb. 

That whole situation felt contrived purely to give Luke Cage and Iron Fist something to argue about it.

Just now, Jakuvious said:

That whole situation felt contrived purely to give Luke Cage and Iron Fist something to argue about it.

I just didn't like how they're trying to turn Luke Cage into some sort of social justice warrior by suggesting that Danny is somehow a privileged white guy who didn't stop to think that the kid was innocent.  The kid wasn't innocent, he was literally working for The Hand cleaning up a bunch of dead bodies that The Hand had murdered.  You're right, it was horribly contrived, and there were 10,000 better ways their tension and arguments could have been written.