Marvel/Netflix: Officially Cancelled...Moving to Hulu?

Acgott

13 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Idk if I would want bernthal as Logan. Would rather go with an unknown.

He would make an awesome Wolverine, but he was so good as Punisher I feel like I'll always see him as that. 

Really hope he's not done playing Castle but it looks that way as of now. 

I heard there is a 2 year contract wait before another Hulu or Disney+ can use the right to the character. Typically this wouldn't be an issue, but with so much uncertainty, I have a feeling all the actors will be released from their contract. The actors are going to find other jobs. I think there is a good chance there is a reboot or Feige steals the characters for the films.

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

or Feige steals the characters for the films.

I would believe this more if it wasnt widely reported that this was solely Netflix's decision. If Disney had a hand in it or they solely made the decision to pull the plug on the netflix universe than I would probably be one of the guys running this flag up the pole. Daredevil especially considering he is one of the few Marvel books making waves in the print medium. His new ongoing is the #1 book sold so far in February and the transition miniseries was #4 in January. He is really the only character not connected to an Avengers, Xmen, or Spider book that is seeing any kind of success right now. He'd be a prime candidate for a "call up" to the big screen. However, with Iger talking about Hulu taking over and the contractual details I feel like thats not in the cards. Not because he'll end up on Hulu with the other netflix series (I feel like Iger saying that is A) to placate fans and show a good guy face and 2) to shift blame away from Disney+ for NOT ultimately picking up these shows, strikes me as more of a keep our distance move), but because they are just going to be left to die off all together. 

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I would believe this more if it wasnt widely reported that this was solely Netflix's decision. If Disney had a hand in it or they solely made the decision to pull the plug on the netflix universe than I would probably be one of the guys running this flag up the pole. Daredevil especially considering he is one of the few Marvel books making waves in the print medium. His new ongoing is the #1 book sold so far in February and the transition miniseries was #4 in January. He is really the only character not connected to an Avengers, Xmen, or Spider book that is seeing any kind of success right now. He'd be a prime candidate for a "call up" to the big screen. However, with Iger talking about Hulu taking over and the contractual details I feel like thats not in the cards. Not because he'll end up on Hulu with the other netflix series (I feel like Iger saying that is A) to placate fans and show a good guy face and 2) to shift blame away from Disney+ for NOT ultimately picking up these shows, strikes me as more of a keep our distance move), but because they are just going to be left to die off all together. 

I agree. I don't believe the Defenders will make it to Hulu for the numerous reasons mentioned. There is just too many factors.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

But say some of these characters do get picked up by Hulu, I take it only the latest seasons of these shows will be on Hulu while the others will remain on Netflix?

I think everyone will move over or disappear. Netflix will have no rights to have marvel characters. The series were created by Marvel Television and ABC not Netflix. Netflix only distributes.

• 3 months later...