Game 8: Lions @ Packers

ahoda

3 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

I'm not saying I'm in love with our RBs. I just think we have bigger issues right now.

Possibly. Honestly though I'm not sure who to replace, LG or C. Both are what I would consider average blockers but I'm not sure who's better than the other.

6 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Possibly. Honestly though I'm not sure who to replace, LG or C. Both are what I would consider average blockers but I'm not sure who's better than the other.

Maybe they'll improve by playing next to Decker, but I wouldn't shy away from replacing either one in the off season.

JBC has also said he needs to learn how to call a better running game because he knows the passing game so much better as a former QB.

58 minutes ago, ahoda said:

Just shows how good Rodgers is because he dominates with that team and without him they look so bad.

You take any starting QB off their team and the team will struggle, but Green Bay looks particularly bad. So much so that I'm not sure if it's a compliment to Rodgers or a complaint about their teams drafting. I will say, I liked Kevin King in the draft and every game I've watched of him he has stood out. 

My biggest question on this game & the last few.... Where is Zach Zenner???? They are not even dressing him! How soon we forget that last year he filled in nicely when put into service when everyone else was injured. Who was the guy scoring from the 5 yd or better? Zenner was. Only problem was, the coaching staff in all there wisdom refused to use him in the second half of most of those games. I have got to believe that in the last 2 weeks, Zenner would have punched almost all of those 1 & 2 yarders into the end zone. You can say what you want about the offensive line, doesn’t matter. He would have carried the ball in, probably carrying a few defenders on his back. This coaching staff needs to wake up & suit up the weapon they have been hiding. As Tuco says: “If your going to shoot... Shoot!! Don’t Talk!!”

14 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

I actually don't think RB is our biggest issue with our running game. Our backs are getting the ball with defenders in the backfield more often than not. There is only one RB I can think of in the history of the game that can do well with that kind of blocking.

Decker will be a boon, but we need to improve the inside of the line and/or design better plays.

Even when given holes they can't find em..ya the line is not built for the run..but these backs are retarded with no vision.. idk why they don't build the line for the run but still be a passing team..

Archived