Miami Herald: "very bad, dumb move" for Dolphins

Phire

Purely for JAY TRAIN hype. Also because a lot of the Miami media have floated the idea that they had to trade Ajayi.

The Miami Dolphins beat Tuesday's NFL trade deadline by making a very good, smart move. Alas, it was a very good, smart move for the Philadelphia Eagles.

For the Dolphins, it was a very bad, dumb move or at the very least a perplexing one defying logic. The team can spin this any way this wish in an attempt to justify the trade, but I'm not buying it and I doubt most fans are, either.

Miami traded a Pro Bowl running back just now coming into his prime at age 24 and all they got was a fourth-round pick in exchange. A fourth-rounder! Miami may as well have given Ajayi to Philly for a stationary bike and box of kicking tees.

I know the official spin. The nameless club sources throwing crumbs to the chirping media want it out there that Ajayi had become an attitude problem, was a bit too me-first and complained internally about lack of carries. There can be little doubt that coach Adam Gase had Ajayi in mind (likely among others) when he complained too many players weren't studying hard enough on their own and were underprepared.

Just for fun, as a gauge of how football fans see Jay Ajayi, I checked ESPN's fantasy football stats Tuesday. Percentage of fantasy leagues in which Ajayi is “owned”: 99.3 percent. Percentage of leagues in which Ajayi currently starts: 92.5 percent. That's top 10 in both categories, despite that 3.4 average.

That is enormous public faith in Ajayi, a belief the Philadelphia Eagles apparently shared.

10 minutes ago, Phire said:

The Miami Dolphins beat Tuesday's NFL trade deadline by making a very good, smart move. Alas, it was a very good, smart move for the Philadelphia Eagles.

For the Dolphins, it was a very bad, dumb move or at the very least a perplexing one defying logic. The team can spin this any way this wish in an attempt to justify the trade, but I'm not buying it and I doubt most fans are, either.

Why do these sound like they were quoted from Trump. "Great move, the best move. We do all the best moves."

8 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Why do these sound like they were quoted from Trump. "Great move, the best move. We do all the best moves."

Cause Howie makes the best moves. OK? Believe me. Everybody says Howie makes such great moves. The best moves.

40 minutes ago, Phire said:

Just for fun, as a gauge of how football fans see Jay Ajayi, I checked ESPN's fantasy football stats Tuesday. Percentage of fantasy leagues in which Ajayi is “owned”: 99.3 percent. Percentage of leagues in which Ajayi currently starts: 92.5 percent. That's top 10 in both categories, despite that 3.4 average.

That is enormous public faith in Ajayi, a belief the Philadelphia Eagles apparently shared.

Not that I necessarily disagree with the general thrust of what you posted, this paragraph is beyond silly.

Archived