2022 Playoffs Discussion

naptownskinsfan

On 1/17/2022 at 1:02 AM, offbyone said:

Glad Dallas and Philly lost.  I don't want to have to watch them while we sit at home.

Not sure what I think about another repeat superbowl.

I'm hoping Green Bay makes it to the Super Bowl or the Rams. I definitely don't want to watch another Brady SB

• Like 1

I don’t care about any of these teams, although I do like Mahomes. 

For me, the only thing I really care about is how it can help Washington. And I think GB losing this weekend — as much as I can’t stand the idea of Kyle Shanahan and Trent Williams winning another playoff game — probably helps us the most. I think another quick exit from the playoffs could drive Rodgers to hit the eject button. Not that I think he’d ever agree to come here, but maybe they send him to DEN or PIT or LV or something and take one of the other QB suitors out of the running this offseason.

Plus, the further Jimmy G goes, the harder it’ll be for SF to trade him. I really don’t want him, and I really think there’s a good chance he’s who we’ll end up settling for, so I’d love to see him win enough playoff games that they just can’t justify pulling the plug on him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Plus, the further Jimmy G goes, the harder it’ll be for SF to trade him. I really don’t want him, and I really think there’s a good chance he’s who we’ll end up settling for, so I’d love to see him win enough playoff games that they just can’t justify pulling the plug on him.

See I'm of the camp that Jimmy G is gone no matter what because of the investment in Lance. And on top of that, Jimmy G is most realistic to be the QB in Washington between him, AR, Deshaun, Russell, etc. So SF winning probably only HURTS us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

See I'm of the camp that Jimmy G is gone no matter what because of the investment in Lance. And on top of that, Jimmy G is most realistic to be the QB in Washington between him, AR, Deshaun, Russell, etc. So SF winning probably only HURTS us. 

Also GB winning the SB could make Jordan Love available.  I’m not saying I’d want Love but again he’s probably someone Washington could actually get.

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Also GB winning the SB could make Jordan Love available.  I’m not saying I’d want Love but again he’s probably someone Washington could actually get.

Jordan Love or an unknown draft pick? I chose the draft pick. Love had been very unimpressive in the times he’s played. I thought the Packers overdrsftdf hkm as well. Just an awful draft pick for the Packers when Rodgers could’ve used another offensive weapon and that draft was loaded with WRs. Then, they took a RB in Dillon when they already had Aaron Jones & Jamaal Williams backing him up. They could’ve taken a WR or TE over Dillon too although Dillon has been a great RB for them so hard to argue with that result too much.