The Good, the Bad, the season is over

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ugly:

• Leatherwood is my most hated Raider of all-time, and that is saying A LOT
  • Olson and our god awful RZ O.
  • Penalties on penalties. The refs sucked hard but we also were so undisciplined
  • The not-a-touchdown-touchdown
  • Mark Davis

Definition of just having a warm body out there. I hated the pick and nothing he did all season changed my mind. He's useless. Cut him and cut the losses. There's really no reason to bother keeping him around like we did with the other 1st round rejects Grudock saddled us with. 

51 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am 100% game for bringing Zay Jones back. Dude looked very nice to end the year making some huge grabs. 

We finally started to use Jones correctly.  I think the same jump could be made by Edwards if we get a OC that sends him on the type of routes he’s best at.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Definition of just having a warm body out there. I hated the pick and nothing he did all season changed my mind. He's useless. Cut him and cut the losses. There's really no reason to bother keeping him around like we did with the other 1st round rejects Grudock saddled us with. 

This is one of many reasons why Mayock must be fired!

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yes for sure. Hunter is up there as well. We are set at slot WR for a long time with him. We just need our outside guys to step up. Ruggs/Renfrow were literally the perfect compliment to eachother. Sucks hard. man.

Jameson Williams is next. I'm taking him at 24, IDC about the ACL he's a top 10 guy for me without it. Maybe I'll change my mind but that's where I'm at with it rn.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jameson Williams is next. I'm taking him at 24, IDC about the ACL he's a top 10 guy for me without it. Maybe I'll change my mind but that's where I'm at with it rn.

I wouldn't mind it. Especially if we can get a good War in fa as well. But what would be awesome is if either he or meitchie fall to round 2 and we take either a pass rushing dt in one or a corner like Booth from Clemson. Also speaking of Clemson. I'd love to land Justin Ross at wr in the later rounds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Some fans seem to be arguing The Uzomah TD shouldn’t of counted thoughts being compared to the Renfrow play 

So many questionable calls this sucks waited all these f years for this. I could accept it better if we earned that loss. This just sucks. 

The loss left no doubt about the coaching staff. They've done a hell of a job keeping it together amidst all the distraction, but proved they are overmatched when it comes down to it. 

There was a lack of urgency on offense all game. How many times did the play clock seem to be winding down and they were rushing to get snap? Drive killing penalties continue to be an issue each week. 5 red zone trips and 1 TD. Defense couldn't get a stop. Poor adjustments to what Cincy was doing. The list goes on. 

Season on the line, you're 2 best play makers are not positioned in the end zone to make a play? 

Carr on the last play was awful as well. Had time and opted to force it to his first read who was not even in the end zone. I respect Carr, but his red zone issues have been a problem his entire career. That play was so indicative of everything you dislike about him.

Overall... made it easy to clean house for Davis. They were overmatched in talent (Mayock blowing 13 top 100 picks) and out coached for 60 mins. 

• Like 5

I'm just glad I didn't get frostbite. That's good. It was ******* cold!

Honestly, the team put up good fight for a game I didn't think they really had a chance to win bc, IIRC, we didn't sack Burrow more than once?? 

It was a good season and arguably an incredible one when everything is put into perspective. They could do a 30 for 30 on this team and they'd have a lot of content. I know some people want to blow it up but I'm not sure we will. I think this year means we keep Carr and make some adjustments here and there but that's it. We will have a new coach, I'm sure of it. Hope we keep Bradley at least. I liked what our defense did and hopefully we can build on it. 

• Like 1