Head Coaching Change Discussion.

Dolphinmeister

2 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Figured I would just put this one up if thats O.K.

Of the names mentioned so far my Favorites are;

1. Harbaugh

2.Pederson

I still like Gary Kubiak also but have not heard his name mentioned anywhere so he must not be in the HC job market.

Mike McDaniel is my number 1 want. I'd be happy with Harbaugh as well.

My list drops off pretty substantially after that

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

I’d prefer to make a HC out of a young promising OC.

McDaniel is 38. Old enough to have some experience under some very good coaches (and success as an OC). Young enough to be hungry. He seems like a guy capable of getting his offense to perform at a greater level than the sum of its parts.

I don't trust Leftwich who has only had success with Brady. Skeptical of Kellen Moore as well - he seems good but he's so young he may struggle to put together a staff.

• Like 1

Am i the only one who is impatient or does it always feel like we are notoriously slow when we are hiring HC/GMs? 

We have less candidates interviewing than most other openings, some teams have already interviewed 8+ guys and as far as we know we’ve only interviewed two guys in that time span, no confirmations of those interviews yet whatsoever.

1/4 of the league is looking for a HC, I get that we want to do it right but its the same 4-5 guys who are being interviewed by every team. If we don’t want to have the rug pulled under us and have to settle for plan B and C they should get going.

Definitely feels like it was a spur of the moment thing to fire Flores and they had no pre-conceived idea of who they’d like to replace him.

3 hours ago, Emerica said:

Am i the only one who is impatient or does it always feel like we are notoriously slow when we are hiring HC/GMs? 

We have less candidates interviewing than most other openings, some teams have already interviewed 8+ guys and as far as we know we’ve only interviewed two guys in that time span, no confirmations of those interviews yet whatsoever.

1/4 of the league is looking for a HC, I get that we want to do it right but its the same 4-5 guys who are being interviewed by every team. If we don’t want to have the rug pulled under us and have to settle for plan B and C they should get going.

Definitely feels like it was a spur of the moment thing to fire Flores and they had no pre-conceived idea of who they’d like to replace him.

We probably covet someone who coaches for a team still playing

28 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We probably covet someone who coaches for a team still playing

I assume so considering all the people we requested to interview were still in the playoffs as of yesterday but they can still interview. Should be interviewing 6-7 people in the first round, cut down the group to 2-3 finalists and proceed to 2nd interview, potentially in-person, and then choose your guy. If he's still in the playoffs get a tentative agreement that gets announced once his team's eliminated. That should easily be done in a two weeks time frame considering this is priority #1 and everything is on hold till then. 

Should have a few interviews this week depending on scheduling but it all seems slow. Like radio silence, like they're waiting on someone to make his mind that isn't in the NFL and just doing some due dilligence in the meantime

Edited by Emerica

On 1/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

McDaniel is 38. Old enough to have some experience under some very good coaches (and success as an OC). Young enough to be hungry. He seems like a guy capable of getting his offense to perform at a greater level than the sum of its parts.

I don't trust Leftwich who has only had success with Brady. Skeptical of Kellen Moore as well - he seems good but he's so young he may struggle to put together a staff.

Leftwich did fine before Brady, If memory serves his Qb threw as many tds as ints. The offensive scheme worked though. I wouldn’t be angry if he gets the nod. 

1 minute ago, Phinsesq said:

Leftwich did fine before Brady, If memory serves his Qb threw as many tds as ints. The offensive scheme worked though. I wouldn’t be angry if he gets the nod. 

Ints are bad... and Jameis played way better this year under Sean Payton.

I'm more impressed with coaches that show they can make an offense execute greater than the sum of their parts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ints are bad... and Jameis played way better this year under Sean Payton.

I'm more impressed with coaches that show they can make an offense execute greater than the sum of their parts.

My gut tells me it will be Daboll, Leftwich or Bieniemy. Which of those would you prefer? 

2 hours ago, Emerica said:

Not expecting him to get a head coaching gig this early on, but he's an insanely great communicator, so if he blew the doors off the interview and got the job, I wouldn't be super shocked. Some tough questions will be asked

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not expecting him to get a head coaching gig this early on, but he's an insanely great communicator, so if he blew the doors off the interview and got the job, I wouldn't be super shocked. Some tough questions will be asked

Tough questions? Like "the Dolphins don't score many points, what is your plan to correct this ineptitude?" 

YOU'RE HIRED.