Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

23 hours ago, m haynes said:

ADDED Sorry you have to read article to understand what I'm saying!!!!

I haven't even looked at Dean, but do you think this could happen? It would shock me however he makes good points why it could happen. I also look at what BB is doing in the secondary as a indication he's changing things based on today's NFL. IMO big LBs are dinosaurs and BB is as well, with his "big" defense.

Could BB actually pick a guy that most Pats fans would be shocked if they did take him. I'm not sure whats going on with our defense, but it looks like BB might change things at least in the secondary.

Let's say Dean is there and also Hill. I still see BB going with Hill or some other move.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4825104/lb-nakobe-dean-is-todd-mcshays-favorite-fit-for-new-england-patriots

Probably best LB in draft. Not sure he'll be there

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Probably best LB in draft. Not sure he'll be there

I agree by a wide margin.  I keep seeing him falling in mocks which I think is crazy!!!! Philly he would be perfect in that t Defense they run. Falcons and Seahawks as well.

9 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I agree by a wide margin.  I keep seeing him falling in mocks which I think is crazy!!!! Philly he would be perfect in that t Defense they run. Falcons and Seahawks as well.

Is he the type of LB we need? I didn't watch much of him. I haven't even watched that vidoe that I, myself, posted lol! I'll do that now 

PFF just did this for us...

21. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: CB ANDREW BOOTH JR., CLEMSON TIGERS

Booth doesn’t quite have the lockdown numbers as some of the other top corner prospects in this class, as he allowed 329 yards across 288 coverage snaps in 2021. However, he does have the tools worth taking a swing on in the first round.

The 2019 five-star recruit has exceptional feet, good length and brings the physicality out on the field. Booth also made up for lost time down the stretch of 2021, as he combined for five interceptions and pass breakups in his final three starts.

With Elam still on board.

54. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: EDGE DRAKE JACKSON, USC TROJANS

Jackson has the explosiveness, agility and flexibility coaches dream of having on the edge. But, at the same time, he is far from a polished pass-rusher and is far from physical. The tools are worth investing in on Day 2, and the fact that he showed some growth in 2021 should be encouraging. Jackson went from a 66.6 pass-rush grade in 2020 to 88.3 in 2021.

Draft Network's update (They're usually pretty good) ;

Philadelphia_Eagles_logo.svg.png
Eagles

Andrew Booth Jr.

CB, Clemson

Andrew Booth Jr. has worked through some injuries that will keep him from testing before the draft, but go back to the tape and you will see a silky-smooth corner with tremendous instincts, ball skills, and physicality. He's ultra-competitive and would help Philadelphia get younger at corner with a gifted prospect who was dominant at Clemson.

Pittsburgh_Steelers_logo.svg.png
Steelers

Daxton Hill

S, Michigan

Eyeballing this Steelers' secondary has me concerned and a versatile talent like Daxton Hill could help elevate the group. Hill is fully capable of serving as a one-high safety, in split zones, or in man coverage. He has upside in the slot and as a true outside corner. He is an exceptional athlete with good instincts and plays a physical brand of football.

New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png
Patriots

Jameson Williams

WR, Alabama

Mac Jones doesn't have the physical upside to stress defense with mobility and arm talent, so adding a burner like Jameson Williams makes sense to maximize Jones' ability to take a step forward. At Alabama, Jones excelled with spot throws down the field and Williams is easily the best deep threat in the class with exceptional run after catch skills. His presence in the lineup can stress defenses and help maximize Jones' ability to attack the entire field. 

Green_Bay_Packers_logo.svg.png
Packers

Chris Olave

WR, Ohio State

I know the Packers never pick receivers in the first round but have you glanced at this Davante Adams-less depth chart? It's time for that change. Chris Olave is a dynamic route-runner and vertical threat that would give Aaron Rodgers a skill set that is currently missing in the receiver corps.

Arizona_Cardinals_logo.svg.png
Cardinals

Trent McDuffie

CB, Washington

Arizona has done well to find its best assets in the secondary courtesy of the Washington program with the likes of Budda Baker and Byron Murphy. I's time to go back to the well and find another answer—this time in Trent McDuffie. Featuring exceptional coverage instincts, versatility, and physicality, McDuffie can provide an immediate answer for the Cardinals.

19 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

PFF just did this for us...

21. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: CB ANDREW BOOTH JR., CLEMSON TIGERS

Booth doesn’t quite have the lockdown numbers as some of the other top corner prospects in this class, as he allowed 329 yards across 288 coverage snaps in 2021. However, he does have the tools worth taking a swing on in the first round.

The 2019 five-star recruit has exceptional feet, good length and brings the physicality out on the field. Booth also made up for lost time down the stretch of 2021, as he combined for five interceptions and pass breakups in his final three starts.

With Elam still on board.

54. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: EDGE DRAKE JACKSON, USC TROJANS

Jackson has the explosiveness, agility and flexibility coaches dream of having on the edge. But, at the same time, he is far from a polished pass-rusher and is far from physical. The tools are worth investing in on Day 2, and the fact that he showed some growth in 2021 should be encouraging. Jackson went from a 66.6 pass-rush grade in 2020 to 88.3 in 2021.

Funeral service start a 4pm, April 30th. 

Unfortunately, Mr Haynes known in his circle ( as a draft expert) has blown a gasket !!!! 🤣

• Like 1

I'm really on the Dax Hill bandwagon at this point.. he almost makes too much sense at this point. 

- If you can trade back from 21 to the 28-32 range to get Hill and a pick to grab Metchie in the late 2nd/early 3rd that's one hell of a deal. 

I can't imagine any 1 player we could get at 21 that I would want more than the combo of Hill and Metchie

6 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I'm really on the Dax Hill bandwagon at this point.. he almost makes too much sense at this point. 

- If you can trade back from 21 to the 28-32 range to get Hill and a pick to grab Metchie in the late 2nd/early 3rd that's one hell of a deal. 

I can't imagine any 1 player we could get at 21 that I would want more than the combo of Hill and Metchie

That would be great 

I like the idea of Penning, but I have multiple reservations: 

• They have no OL coach.. at least not an experienced one
  • You're either redshirting a 1st round pick or having 2 rookies on the left side of the line
  • They have a major need of impact defensive players.. so adding an OT RD1 hurts that significantly 

The scenario that I could get on board for Penning at 21: 

- Trade Wynn for a 4th/5th 

- Draft your starting LG with the Wynn pick 

- Move Brown to LT for a year and Penning starts at RT so you don't have an all rookie left side

It's a luxury pick, for sure.. but if they feel he can be a franchise LT I can understand the pick. Devonte Wyatt / Travis Jones / Daxton Hill /etc. would 100% make more of an impact day 1 though