Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

Guys I would be ok with them taking in the 1st, who could be there: 

• Jordan Davis
    • ( automatic if he is there) 
  • Bernhard Raimmon / Trevor Penning
    • ( I get the reasoning even if i prefer defense.. would rather at least trade back a bit before doing it though) 
  • Andrew Booth Jr
    • ( I assume if they do that his medicals check out) 
  • Daxton Hill
    • ( Preferably with a small trade back but he's rising up boards so much they may take him at 21)
  • Devonte Wyatt

If I'm trading out of the 1st then Travis Jones is my top guy in that 33-40 range. I like Jones even more because I'm imagining what I am getting with him (from the extra trade back pick). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Alternative Reality Mock Draft to First

Round 1: 30th overall [KC trade 30&62 for 21] - Zion Johnson, OL, Boston College

Round 2: 54th overall - Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State

Round 2: 62nd overall - Troy Andersen, LB/RB/QB/P, Montana State

Round 3: 85th overall - Marcus Jones, CB/WR/KR/PR, Houston

Round 4: 127th overall - Bo Melton, WR/ST, Rutgers

Round 5: 170th overall (from Tampa Bay for G Shaq Mason)* - Darien Butler, LB, Arizona State

Round 6: 200th overall - D'Eriq King, QB/WR, Miami (Fla.)

Round 6: 210th overall (from Los Angeles for RB Sony Michel) - DJ Davidson, DL, Arizona State

@m haynes

7 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Guys I would be ok with them taking in the 1st, who could be there: 

• Jordan Davis
    • ( automatic if he is there) 
  • Bernhard Raimmon / Trevor Penning
    • ( I get the reasoning even if i prefer defense.. would rather at least trade back a bit before doing it though) 
  • Andrew Booth Jr
    • ( I assume if they do that his medicals check out) 
  • Daxton Hill
    • ( Preferably with a small trade back but he's rising up boards so much they may take him at 21)
  • Devonte Wyatt

If I'm trading out of the 1st then Travis Jones is my top guy in that 33-40 range. I like Jones even more because I'm imagining what I am getting with him (from the extra trade back pick). 

This all looks very likely based on visits and projections. I'd be a little disappointed with the value at 21 taking half of those guys even though they're all first round guys supposedly.  I think they all make more sense if taken in a trade back except Jordan Davis of course if he even makes it to 21 first.

Draft time is always tough, where guys are picked can go all over the place... but for the most part I try to go with the projections then adapt a little for what I believe BB would do. The perfect example of that being McCollum.. I still see so many people saying 4th round for him.. I could easily see BB picking him 60-85. 

I personally wouldn't go OL in the 1st .. i really want to fix this defense. If you could get 1 DL/LB/DB in the top 100 then I think that would help a lot moving forward. 

Davis / Booth / Hill / Wyatt at 100000% worth a pick at 21. Each of them would really help out this defense long term.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

invest a much lower selection on someone who effectively occupies blockers and 2-gaps to in essence free up more pass rush from Baremore. I would think and I hope the first pick is used on a more dynamic player with some versatility to boot.

I see Jones with a high ceiling, clog the middle is the start on day one. I think he will dominate once he's gets coaching and training. He has all the (combine numbers) physical makeup and skills needed to dominate. Just think he's raw right know and he destroyed people at the SR Bowl, what happen when he learns how to play!!! 

There's only two dynamic players that might be there at 21. Davis and Jamerson. I don't see Pats taking a WR based on BB GM.  He has his group. The so call experts are the ones screaming Mac needs a WR and BB could give a crap what they say.

PS Jamerson would look pretty sweet in a Pats uniform !!!!  😁👀 Give him # 86!!

Your killing me with the offensive picks !!!!!🤣.

I want all defense this year.  Reason.  Offense needs little compared to the defense.  2022 is still a build year so take care of the defense than 2023 fill your offensive needs. 

But that's a sweet ask draft !!!!!! 

I keep saying over in my head no shiny objects, think defense. No shiny........!

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Your killing me with the offensive picks !!!!!🤣.

I want all defense this year.  Reason.  Offense needs little compared to the defense.  2022 is still a build year so take care of the defense than 2023 fill your offensive needs. 

But that's a sweet ask draft !!!!!! 

I keep saying over in my head no shiny objects, think defense. No shiny........!

I remember seeing a stat which stated the Patriots are a top 6 offense in terms of money spent. They have built the offense they wanted.. it's now on them to make those pieces work. I think they can and only need to worry about beyond this year for help ( lots of contracts expiring this year and next.. so day 3 picks can help that)

• They need to use Agholor as a speed slot in combination with Meyers
  • Parker needs to be a big red zone threat to help Hunter Henry
  • FEED Bourne.. I really believe he can turn into something special after all we saw from him last year and his mindset. I also believe seeing Kupp because an elite WR has lit a fire under him. He was struggling with the playbook a bit last year, so I think he could be great this year. 
  • Scheme Jonnu, everywhere... use his speed and throw him simple passes in space.. he can do a lot out of the backfield
  • As much as I believe in Asiasi im curious to see Tre Nixon too.. he has all the athletic ability to be a player.. we just need to see if he can put that together on the field. 

That's why outside of Metchie and maybe Cook.. I'm good with waiting till day day 3 to add developmental guys on offense. 

The defense however.. is old and needs help at every level. Top 100 picks are how you're going to fix this defense. Do whatever you can to get at least 4 top 100 picks. 

To bring it back to Jones.. if you think he's just a 2 down player, I agree he isn't worth a high pick. It's all about a projection here.. and if it wasn't for Davis' insane combine.. we would all be talking about how Jones went off and is an insane athlete. 

I would use all my asset available to draft

Davis/ Jones/ Wyatt.  Pick your flavor.

Dex Hill

Troy Anderson

Zyon McCollum

Jack Jones

I would make trades to make it happen. I would use 2023 picks as well, that includes the 1st. Reason if you willing to give up ( trade down) the 2022 1st round why not 2023.

Just an example pick Davis at 21.

Trade 2023 1st for multiple picks and use all the pick accumulated to target the guys on my list.

So what if we don't have a 2023 1st.  No big deal we can consider Hill as the 2023 pick.

These are my guys Just switch who you would like !!!!

I dead serous, if you get players that I listed your defensive problems are solved.

54 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Wyatt would be a slam dunk if he didn't have three domestic abuse instances in his past that raise doubt about his character and long term viability and reliability.

oooooo i didn't know all that. They probably will take him off their board if he has off field issues. Especially for a first one pick they want leaders on and off the field. 

Wyatt would be a slam dunk if he didn't have three domestic abuse instances in his past that raise doubt about his character and long term viability and reliability.

It all happened at the same time however I take what he did seriously. There's to much at stake. I'm not sure now if I would take him. You see this happen frequently more than once.

Also as I read about the event it mentioned that he's 24 years old.