Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

Drum it up however you want 

Strange was a major reach in the first round. So many defensive guys that could’ve also filled voids left…

I’d rather of had Andrew Booth starting on the PUP list than this guy here.

By tomorrow, I’ll be happy about the fact that Mac Jones does get more protection than he had yesterday..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Best Picks:

Charles Cross, SEA

Kayvon Thibedeaux, NYG

Garrett Wilson, NYJ

Ickey Ewonku, CAR

Worst Picks:

Drake London, ATL

Derek Stingley, HOU

Travon Walker, JAX

Average Pick:

Aidan Hutchinson, DET

Sauce Gardner, NYJ

Evan Neal, NYG

44 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Best Picks:

Jameson Williams, DET

Jordan Davis, PHI

Kyle Hamilton, BAL

Kenyon Green, HOU

Worst Picks:

(ARI trading away 23rd overall for 100 overall and wide receiver Marquise Brown)

(PHI tradimg away 18th overall and 101 overall for AJ Brown)

Jahan Dotson, WAS

Average Picks:

Chris Olave, NO

Zion Johnson, LAC

Treylon Burks, TEN

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Best Picks:

Kenny Pickett, PIT

Tyler Smith, DAL

Worst Picks:

Trevor Penning, NO

Kaiir Elam, BUF

Average Picks:

Trent McDuffie, KC

Quay Walker, GB

Best Picks:

Tyler Linderbaum, BAL

Jermaine Johnson Jr.

Devonte Wyatt, GB

Worst Picks:

Cole Strange, NE

Average Picks:

Devin Lloyd, JAX

He's athletic, and "old" (24) .. you got a starter day 1.. but this guys makes 0 impact on this team. 

You could have 100% gotten a LG, day 1 starter in the 3rd round. This is an insanely bad pick.. even if he is a pro bowler, this is an awful pick. 

Trade back again.. you could have had him 30 picks later and still been early. 

Anytime they say they don't draft for need, it's 100% a lie.. this is a need pick. You're missing out on starters on defense for this guy. 

How does this help you beat buffalo? Strange wont get them to punt.. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Interesting pick. I always wonder about some of Belichick's 'reaches', did other teams really value them that high? Hard to know if we could have really gotten him in the 3rd or not. We needed a guard tho and he fits the bill so not terrible I guess.

I can tell you how the Rams valued him

Exactly, it's BB getting too cute. 

Guard is not a premium position.. unless you're the Bengals and falling apart on the OL, you don't draft a Guard in the 1st round. 

He's as old as Raimann.. and at least he is a LT, this is a LG. I know I'm the guy that wanted to trade out of 1st entirely and I honestly wish they did .. I really just thank everything holy that they at least traded back from 21. 

They must have felt like a run was happening at OG and by 54 their guy wouldn't be there or something.. but you could have had Dax Hill.. a guy who starts day 1 at CB and becomes a pro bowl FS. 

This all but guarantees no offense on day 2, right? They've got to push for defense to try and fill all those needs 

16 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Interesting pick. I always wonder about some of Belichick's 'reaches', did other teams really value them that high? Hard to know if we could have really gotten him in the 3rd or not. We needed a guard tho and he fits the bill so not terrible I guess.

We need a guard WHY????? Because that moron traded Mason for a 5th RD pick!!!!!!!!  And I don't except salary cap as a excuse.  We have holes all over the place and you get a replacement !!!!!!! 

I think Mock drafts have always just been for two things: 

1) Fun, because while you can guess for some teams.. we all know we have no idea what BB is going to do 

2) To learn the prospects so we can properly complain when they are picked a round too soon

A concern I have is I wonder how much power Groh has.. was he the only locked in on " we have to take a guard" or did BB fall in love with a guy and Groh couldn't talk him out of it. 

Moving forward, I think all hopes of Metchie are gone.. you can't possibly spend your top 2 picks on Offense when your defense needs that much help, right? They also need a LT, imagine if they trade up for Raimann lol ..

Thankfully they got really good value on that Chiefs trade.. here is what I am thinking for today ( assuming they don't trade up which I think they could) 

54: Troy Anderson / Christian Harris ( RD3 all the LB's will be gone.. if they want their guy it's going to need to be here) 

85 / 94:  Marcus Jones / Zyon McCollum / Jalyn Armour-Davis / Josh Jobe / Phidarian Mathis / James Cook 

I think the 3rd round double dip could come into play at CB, Jones makes sense if they are comfortable with his size.. they need long term options to