Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

There will be a lot of ridicules mocks going forward so lets star off with a doozy!!!!! Matter of fact it will be hard to beat this one.

Pats 21st pick      Drake London WR

Raiders 22 pick    Jameson Williams WR

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-jacksonville-takes-a-new-name-at-no-1-jets-land-arguably-the-drafts-two-best-prospects/?fbclid=IwAR3DUTrd5rWnWPCCRNAXHcoyyGo8xkYfgynl9KZCw5xigI_OIDmqrZJMgKw

Here just a few reason why this ridicules

Strength of schedule. ---- Williams play the best in the country. London plays the  same teams as Harry. William destroy  the great Georgia Bulldog sec championship.

Williams ---- Bama system.

William -----  unstoppable.  London great on 50/50 balls which means he can't beat a NFL corner.

I have no concern with JW injury and starting late. Most Pats rookie don't see much action the 1st year. Also JW only needs to know 2 routes, go long, go longer!!! Just him on the field would change the defense.

I know some so called draft experts have London going high in the draft. There idiots!!!

Edited by m haynes

18 minutes ago, m haynes said:

There will be a lot of ridicules mocks going forward so lets star off with a doozy!!!!! Matter of fact it will be hard to beat this one.

Pats 21st pick      Drake London WR

Raiders 22 pick    Jameson Williams WR

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-jacksonville-takes-a-new-name-at-no-1-jets-land-arguably-the-drafts-two-best-prospects/?fbclid=IwAR3DUTrd5rWnWPCCRNAXHcoyyGo8xkYfgynl9KZCw5xigI_OIDmqrZJMgKw

Here just a few reason why this ridicules

Strength of schedule. ---- Williams play the best in the country. London plays the  same teams as Harry. William destroy  the great Georgia Bulldog sec championship.

Williams ---- Bama system.

William -----  unstoppable.  London great on 50/50 balls which means he can't beat a NFL corner.

I have no concern with JW injury and starting late. Most Pats rookie don't see much action the 1st year. Also JW only needs to know 2 routes, go long, go longer!!! Just him on the field would change the defense.

I know some so called draft experts have London going high in the draft. There idiots!!!

Drake London is the next bust. Stay far away from him

• Like 1

A lot of people LOVE London and Burks .. I'm not convinced for the Patriots though. It's probably just being Jaded from Harry but this system doesn't want to throw outside the numbers a lot. Let them dominate the middle and keep Agholor creating space for another year, I'm all good for that. If someone really wants to focus on a receiver.. it should be the smaller, agile guys like Robinson or a guy who has proven chemistry with Mac in Metchie. Any mocks who believe BB is going to spend a 1st rounder on offense.. after the last 5 games of the season.. doesn't watch the team or know BB. 

With a rebuilding team, you can't expect to fix all of the problems in one year.. but finding the best players and fixing the largest holes will help make an impact. The way to make the biggest impact is to get another star corner to put with JC in the secondary and resign McCourty for 1 more year ( but don't play him 90% of snaps). That one draft pick could instantly improve the defense dramatically because Mills will end up having a great season floating around the entire defense. 

The more research I do, the more I kind of lean away from early LB as crazy as it sounds. I think hitting on a CB and NT will make a bigger impact on this team. You've got a bunch of young LB's that haven't played.. you really want to add another young guy to that group who also won't play? If they think all those guys are busts, then get rid of them and I'll believe they spend a high pick on a LB.. but otherwise we could be looking at a 3rd round LB maybe. You can say most of these guys should be replaced.. but either way they are young and the team has kept them around with the intention of developing them. 

- Josh Uche ( year 2 was supposed to be breakout year.. didn't happen) 

- Chase Winovich ( he's been a proven pass rusher, but they don't play him.. either play him or trade/cut him already)

- Cameron McGrone ( injured then redshirt, he's the exact type of LB that everyone is clamoring for though) 

- Ronnie Perkins ( redshirted first year, he mainly had his hand in the dirt in college so needed time to adapt to the system) 

- Anfernee Jennings ( poor rookie season then i guess a redshirt year 2?.. they could have cut him but obviously still see some potential)

- Jahlani Tavai ( he was awful when i noticed him this year.. but 25 and the size of LB BB likes.. this year was likely mainly a redshirt year for him) 

I expect Judon / KVN / Raekwon McMillian / Bentley to see a good amount of snaps next season ( with Bentley coming back on a cheap deal because every other team says he is too slow). The team really seemed to love McMillian before he got injured last year so you could almost pencil him in as Hightowers replacement if he is gone. 

Due to all that, I put the draft needs order at : CB / Slot WR / NT / LB / OL / S 

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

A lot of people LOVE London and Burks .. I'm not convinced for the Patriots though. It's probably just being Jaded from Harry but this system doesn't want to throw outside the numbers a lot. Let them dominate the middle and keep Agholor creating space for another year, I'm all good for that. If someone really wants to focus on a receiver.. it should be the smaller, agile guys like Robinson or a guy who has proven chemistry with Mac in Metchie. Any mocks who believe BB is going to spend a 1st rounder on offense.. after the last 5 games of the season.. doesn't watch the team or know BB. 

With a rebuilding team, you can't expect to fix all of the problems in one year.. but finding the best players and fixing the largest holes will help make an impact. The way to make the biggest impact is to get another star corner to put with JC in the secondary and resign McCourty for 1 more year ( but don't play him 90% of snaps). That one draft pick could instantly improve the defense dramatically because Mills will end up having a great season floating around the entire defense. 

The more research I do, the more I kind of lean away from early LB as crazy as it sounds. I think hitting on a CB and NT will make a bigger impact on this team. You've got a bunch of young LB's that haven't played.. you really want to add another young guy to that group who also won't play? If they think all those guys are busts, then get rid of them and I'll believe they spend a high pick on a LB.. but otherwise we could be looking at a 3rd round LB maybe. You can say most of these guys should be replaced.. but either way they are young and the team has kept them around with the intention of developing them. 

- Chase Winovich ( he's been a proven pass rusher, but they don't play him.. either play him or trade/cut him already)

- Cameron McGrone ( injured then redshirt, he's the exact type of LB that everyone is clamoring for though) 

- Ronnie Perkins ( redshirted first year, he mainly had his hand in the dirt in college so needed time to adapt to the system) 

- Anfernee Jennings ( poor rookie season then i guess a redshirt year 2?.. they could have cut him but obviously still see some potential)

- Jahlani Tavai ( he was awful when i noticed him this year.. but 25 and the size of LB BB likes.. this year was likely mainly a redshirt year for him) 

I expect Judon / KVN / Raekwon McMillian / Bentley to see a good amount of snaps next season ( with Bentley coming back on a cheap deal because every other team says he is too slow). The team really seemed to love McMillian before he got injured last year so you could almost pencil him in as Hightowers replacement if he is gone. 

Due to all that, I put the draft needs order at : CB / Slot WR / NT / LB / OL / S 

There small things I hesitate with such as McCorty and KVN but no big deal.   You would be a happy camper, walking away with this  draft.. so would I.

1st Booth CB   ---------------------  May not be there based on some mocks , if  not trade the pick.

2nd Phidarian Mathis DL  -------- Barmore reek havoc!!!!!

3rd Lewis Cine S  Georgia/Jalen Pitre Baylor S  -----  the 2 I like at this spot. Both my go earlier. Cine brings some toughness back.

4th  Skyy Moore WR  W Mich. or Britain Covey Utah WR

ADDED  Your boy is long gone in the top 2nd.

Edited by m haynes

54 minutes ago, m haynes said:

There small things I hesitate with such as McCorty and KVN but no big deal.   You would be a happy camper, walking away with this  draft.. so would I.

1st Booth CB   ---------------------  May not be there based on some mocks , if  not trade the pick.

2nd Phidarian Mathis DL  -------- Barmore reek havoc!!!!!

3rd Lewis Cine S  Georgia/Jalen Pitre Baylor S  -----  the 2 I like at this spot. Both my go earlier. Cine brings some toughness back.

4th  Skyy Moore WR  W Mich. or Britain Covey Utah WR

ADDED  Your boy is long gone in the top 2nd.

• We are totally in agreement here.. if Booth/Gardner aren't there.. trade out of the pick. Grab a 2nd and 3rd and be prepared to move around the board. Booth is the guy who I really love but after him you have 2-3 guys who are similar that you can grab 10-20 picks back. 
  • Totally agree on Mathis, but i've seen him mocked a lot in the 3rd/4th though, mid second seems too high. you can probably get him in the 3rd 
  • i think this is kind of a bad Safety draft outside of the top 2.. I think I would ignore Safety this year entirely tbo 

2nd is where Robinson will end up .. he will be available at the Pats 2nd round imo ( or at least right around there). You make that move in the 2nd and you'll be grateful for the next 5 years that you did. 

Assuming Mayo gets a HC job, you then use that extra 3rd to try and move around the draft to make sure you can get the NT you want. 

Here's an example: 

• Giants trade 36+81 for 21 ( say they want a QB or something just as an example) 
  • Pats get a 3rd comp for Mayo this year and next 

Top of the Patriots draft then becomes: 

• 2nd rounder CB
  • 2nd rounder WR
  • 3rd rounder NT
  • 3rd rounder LB
  • 3rd rounder OL

Unless a top corner is available at 21, it just makes too much sense to try and get a team wanting a QB to trade up for one into your spot. 

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I know you were talking about LB but don't forget that the Patriots have CB Josh Bledsoe that missed his rookie year with an injury. 

With the OL set, the TEs and RBs productive and a QB on a rookie deal feels like you should just go all defense this draft. They need some speed at both LB and CB, so a 1st on either position makes sense.

Yes, I would ignore WRs completely until at least round 5. Call me superstitious, but I would be happy to never see BB draft a WR early ever again. Just sign some vets, please.

I wouldn't consider OL set 

LT -> One year deal 

LG -> Onwenu or nobody 

C -> Set 

RG -> One year deal 

RT -> Onwenu or nobody 

They could have OL set before the draft with some resignings but it's far from set as of today. They could go in a bunch of different directions. 

5 hours ago, Crimmage said:

2nd is where Robinson will end up .. he will be available at the Pats 2nd round imo

I'm not so sure I have read several place he's moving up the board. I saw one mock with him in the 1st RD.  I think it was the Chiefs.

4 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I wouldn't consider OL set 

LT -> One year deal 

LG -> Onwenu or nobody 

C -> Set 

RG -> One year deal 

RT -> Onwenu or nobody 

They could have OL set before the draft with some resignings but it's far from set as of today. They could go in a bunch of different directions. 

They drafted a G/T last year forgot his name.

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'm not so sure I have read several place he's moving up the board. I saw one mock with him in the 1st RD.  I think it was the Chiefs.

Don't do that to me @m haynesI already know this is going to be a hard draft for me when he isn't picked by the Pats lol. Seeing him go to the Chiefs and dominate with Mahomes for the next decade would be BRUTAL. 

Andy Reid would dominate with him too.. he would be running back and getting passes out of the backfield.. along with passing passing Hardman on the depth chart by mid season. 

I've been hearing a lot of people talk about Alec Pierce being perfect for the Pats too.. I've got to look into him more though so don't have a comment yet. 

Edited by Crimmage

2 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Don't do that to me @m haynesI already know this is going to be a hard draft for me when he isn't picked by the Pats lol. Seeing him go to the Chiefs and dominate with Mahomes for the next decade would be BRUTAL. 

Andy Reid would dominate with him too.. he would be running back and getting passes out of the backfield.. along with passing passing Hardman on the depth chart by mid season. 

I'll be in the same crying pool with you. They have Bucs taking Dotson. 😪

Just now, m haynes said:

I'll be in the same crying pool with you. They have Bucs taking Dotson. 😪

I've purposely avoided watching any of Dotson because you like him so much.. He seems obvious to end up taken in the first so I won't bother lol. 

Going to the Bucs would be even worse. Jaelon Darden was one of my favorite guys last year and I hated it when they drafted him in the 4th. Stevenson has ended up being amazing so that makes me feel better but I really think Darden has potential to be amazing in the slot with some development. Don't be surprised if he gets a good chunk of snaps for them next year if Godwin leaves. 

If they draft someone like Dotson it will show a lot about Darden...but I have a feeling they will try to get him more involved next year and save a significant amount of money 

Another part of the draft which will be interesting to analyze is the other picks some of these teams have. I see soooo many great players which are going to be available in the 2nd to early 3rd round this year that I could easily see BB wanting more picks in that area. For instance: 

• Atlanta 
    • Have 40 and 63. Is this the year they try to draft Ryan's future replacement? They may want the 5th year option to let a guy develop 2-3 years before taking over. Could BB get both of their 2nd round picks for 21? 
  • Denver
    • Have 40 and 60 in the second round. They have no QB and #9 is way too early for all of these.. could they fall in love with a guy at 21 and want to trade up? Certainly possible 
  • Jacksonville
    • Their 2nd and 3rd round picks are of course very high.. so it would be interesting if they fall in love with a player falling and would be willing to give up both their 
  • Lions
    • Have 28, I could see BB jumping back 7 spots for an extra 3rd then either making a pick there or dangling that pick again to a team trying to get a 5th year option 
  • Indianapolis 
    • Don't have a 1st round pick this year.. could be a candidate for something like 21 for their 2nd, 4th and 2nd next year 

With that said, some of the players to keep an eye out for in that 2nd/early 3rd range. I absolutely love the idea of trading back and getting 3 2nd round picks, I made bold below the picks I'd make at this time. Those 3 guys would make a massive impact on the team year 1. 

CB:

• Kyler Gordon
  • Martin Emerson
  • Coby Bryant
  • Derion Kendrick

S: 

• Daxton Hill 
  • Lewis Cine
  • Jaquan Brisker
  • Smoke Monday

DL: 

• Travis Jones
  • Phidarian Mathis

LB: 

• Brandon Smith
  • Christian Harris
  • Damone Clark

WR: 

• John Metchie III
  • Wan'Dale Robinson 
  • Skyy Moore
  • Alec Pierce 

Idk enough about about the OL yet to know if you could get a OT better than Wynn in the 2nd, but that's also a possibility. 

Edited by Crimmage