Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Still think we're on for Metchie. The Mac and Bama connection must move the needle a bit for Bill

See that where your wrong.

Right school wrong WR!!!

The big needle move was to move up.  BB mumbles, snorts, aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh,  this player wouldn't last much longer.

The Pats trade up and select----------------------------- Slade Bolden !!!!!

The most interesting thing will be how the LB board shakes out. 

If 3-4 LB's they like are still there at 54, Metchie makes sense.. then you can try to trade up from 85 to get one of those LB's. 

If Metchie is gone at 54, I'd just go all in on defense on day 2. Travis Jones / Perrion Winfrey / Troy Anderson / Zyon McCollum .. give Bill ALL THE SENIOR BOWL

Another interesting note: 

Quay Walker and & Jermaine Johnson & Trent McDuffie.. skipping over those two could mean a lot for how they feel about their LB's. 

I totally believe Walker was their top LB in this draft.. maybe they are much happier with McGrone and company than we think.. maybe they skip out on LB and wait till RD4 to grab someone like Malcolm Rodriguez. 

Johnson also seemed like a perfect pick at OLB for them.. maybe they are really high on Perkins starting there next year.. that would also be a positive. 

Maybe they really liked the strides that Shaun Wade made last year and felt he was a similar player to McDuffie. 

We aren't going to know the answer to those questions till the season starts.. but McGrone / Wilson / Perkins / Wade are going to have some light shined on them given the guys they let slip away. 

Edited by Crimmage

17 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Johnson also seemed like a perfect pick at OLB for them.. maybe they are really high on Perkins starting there next year.. that would also be a positive. 

I was happy Jets took Johnson because IMO he's a bust. The problem is that, I also think Perkins is a bust. They both play like there on skates. They lack fluid movement around the edge. Strength is what made them stand out in college however that won't fly in the NFL.

Yes they talked about Johnson SR bowl and how great his move are but again college players. He can have all the moves in the world however yo can't move it over!!!!

PS I loved the Bills pick in the 1st.  Elam  that a major win for the PATS!!!!

Here what I would look at in the 2nd and 3rd tonight.

WR

George Pickens

Christian Watson

Skyy Moore

Khalil Shakir

John Metchie III

CB

Andrew Booth Jr.

Roger McCreary

Kyler Gordon

Zyon McCollum

Marcus Jones

S
Jalen Pitre
Nick Cross

DL
Travis Jones   1st pick  tonight
Logan Hall
Cameron Thomas

LB
Kingsley Enagbare
Leo Chenal
Troy Andersen

Bold =  I want 3 players I marked.

Edited by m haynes

Get me at least 2 out of this group and I will be happy going into day 3. I included my guess as to what round they would be picked .. but I'd honestly be fine if they took any of those 3rd round guys in the 2nd too ( except Cook.. don't give me a RB in the 2nd.. he's only a 94 luxury). 

Multiple of these guys are late 2nd, early 3rd guys too.. so I could see a scenario where they trade back again or use a 4th to trade up from 85 to get someone they like. 

WR

Christian Watson - 2nd

Skyy Moore- 2nd

John Metchie III- 2nd

Alec Pierce- 3rd

Wan'Dale Robinson- 3rd

CB

Andrew Booth Jr.- 2nd

Kyler Gordon- 2nd

Zyon McCollum- 3rd

Marcus Jones- 3rd

Cam Taylor-Britt- 3rd

Jayln Armour-Davis- 3rd

S
Jalen Pitre- 2nd
Nick Cross- 3rd

Kerby Joseph - 3rd

DL
Travis Jones- 2nd
Perrion Winfrey - 2nd

Phidarian Mathis- 3rd

Josh Paschal - 3rd

LB
Troy Andersen- 2nd

Leo Chenal- 2nd

Christian Harris- 3rd

Chad Muma- 2nd

Channing Tindall - 3rd

RB

James Cook - 3rd

Best Case Scenario is really hard.. I like so many of those guys.. as much as I would LOVE Christian Watson / Metchie.. I know they probably aren't the best picks for the team. They should probably go all defense here. 

16 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Roger McCreary

Zyon McCollum

Jalen Pitre
Travis Jones   1st pick  tonight
Kingsley Enagbare
Leo Chenal
Troy Andersen

Bold =  I want 3 players I marked.

- I don't see it with McCreary .. his short arms and less than stellar combine make him a no go for me. I wouldn't touch him till day 3. 

- Zyon 100% .. you put him here and he would be a star within 2 years, strong option for 3rd round

- Pitre is going to be tough.. i think they would need to trade up in the 2nd to get him.. but i agree he would be good here. 

- Jones is same as Pitre, I think the Bucs could take him at 33 .. but he will be gone by 40

- Chenal.. i dont love but I'll trust them if they go for him

- Andersen would be great at 54 

I think it's possible you get 2 guys out of that list, but going to be really hard to get 3. I can't imagine any of those guys being there at 94 other than maybe Zyon.. but i feel like BB is going to want to take him earlier to ensure he gets him. 

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Game tape for me McCreary. Head for the game.

He can know where to be.. but if he isn't fast enough to get there.. it wont matter lol 

Same with being in the right place but the ball goes right over his t-rex arms. He will play in the league, but he doesn't have the upside to be a top 100 pick imo 

11 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

He can know where to be.. but if he isn't fast enough to get there.. it wont matter lol 

Same with being in the right place but the ball goes right over his t-rex arms. He will play in the league, but he doesn't have the upside to be a top 100 pick imo 

It doesn't matter. BB never takes the guys I like. However I got some inside info who there going for next.

Calab Jones  6'8" 360 lbs another guard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     BB  He got good numbers , we'll see how it goes!!!

Linebacker… I personally am not a fan of Chenal or Muma. Harris from Bama, I do like, but I see so many people dogging on his coverage abilities. Reminds me of Jarrad Davis from Florida a few years ago. If we do in fact go LB, I’d prefer Andersen.

Wide receiver…. I really feel like could be in play with our 2nd round pick. And a bunch, Alec Pierce could be the target. I hope I’m wrong. I want George Pickens IF we touch that position in round 2.

Round 3, I think Wan’Dale Robinson might be our only guy left. I could definitely all the aforementioned guys going off before we pick at 85. Shoot, Metchie might be the second receiver off the board after Skyy Moore tonight. Very possible

Cornerback… I don’t even know what I want, but no Kyler Gordon for me please. I could see Martin Emmerson from Mississippi State being a target in the 3rd round. A little early for Emmerson there maybe, but if you’re Bill’s guy, he’s gonna make sure he gets you & I could see him being our corner “crush” if we skip the DB position in round 2.

Zyon McCollum, I would love to get him in either round at this point. I found out about him late, but he’s impressive and physical.

Jalen Pitre is a possible target, but like @Crimmagepoints out… I think you have to trade up because he’ll be off the board soon. I think Detroit at 46 is his lowest fall point this evening 

If Logan Hall isn’t the pick by Tampa Bay at 33, I think that could help him AND Travis Jones fall a bit.

Arnold Ebiketie is a dark horse selection if he falls to us IMO