Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

I am used to not getting the picks right and them reaching.. they have done it forever. 

My anger last night was predominantly because I just felt Dax Hill was such a perfect patriot.. but we should know by now they never draft those guys lol. 

I feel good in the fact that I've gotten a few things right: 

- I liked Strange for the Pats, just figured him to be in the 60s 

- I liked Thornton for the Pats, just figured it to be in the 4th ( but with the overdrafting of all WR's.. he probably would have gone next round) 

- I called Wan'Dale months and months ago when people were telling me he was going on day 3 lol 

So many guys that could continue to slide to 85/94

1 minute ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I don’t think it’s just us, I feel like a lot of teams are “reaching”/going against the grain of what the media said.

Maybe it’s just me. Dunno but feels like there were a lot of reaches in round 2

Agreed, Alontae Taylor was a day 3 guy for me .. Cam Taylor-Britt was a RD3 guy too 

7 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Why not, it reflect the coaching staff and the system. It is well known that Baylors doesn't have a  complicated system. WR are not developed at that school and prepared for the NFL.  Now add the Pats track record with WRs.

This kid a track star he was a day 3 pick before he ran that 4.2.  That tell me he fast but his skills are lack WR position.

It also goes back to hedging your bets. Why gamble???? BB track record says don't bet your life~!!!!

The Baylor coach has been there two years not much history to say his offense can't produce NFL WRs.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

I think they're falling off from their peak which was last year with Brian Daboll in the mix and Joe Schoen.

Good point, I haven't taken into account the Daboll factor. Their offense and defense are loaded though.. so assuming the cap doesn't blow up in their face ( it hasn't for the Saints) they will be a tough out for awhile. 

2 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Agreed, Alontae Taylor was a day 3 guy for me .. Cam Taylor-Britt was a RD3 guy too 

Alontae was gross there. CTB, too, the fact they drafted Dax Hill round one then reach for a guy to play the same position. The less Eli Apple is on the field, the better though, right? Lol

I’m watching a broadcast atm with Field Yates and Dominique Foxworth, they’re reiterating the same thing about reaching. Chalking it up to that pretty much or “less loose lips” than in years past

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

why do you think you know better than any nfl coach?

Its my opinion. State yours.   NFL coach, who gives a crap.  History are littered with morons that coached!!!!  I have no problems with his coaching. My problems is his drafting, it stinks!!!!!

Strange at 29   Your kidding right!!!!!!  You spend 100million on your receiver and you trade up a gamble on a WR that is projected in the 4th RD. I know BB knows more than than I do when it comes to WR, it shows in his drfat history.  My favorite was Deebo what was BB???????  Pitt takes Perkins KC takes Moore but BB know better and takes a project!!!!!!

WR you spent 100 mill but nothing in the draft so far, for your old, no talent, starless defense!!!!!!! Who cant get there rival to punt,  Ya I think I know more.

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Its my opinion. State yours.   NFL coach, who gives a crap.  History are littered with morons that coached!!!!  I have no problems with his coaching. My problems is his drafting, it stinks!!!!!

Strange at 29   Your kidding right!!!!!!  You spend 100million on your receiver and you trade up a gamble on a WR that is projected in the 4th RD. I know BB knows more than than I do when it comes to WR, it shows in his drfat history.  My favorite was Deebo what was BB???????  Pitt takes Perkins KC takes Moore but BB know better and takes a project!!!!!!

WR you spent 100 mill but nothing in the draft so far, for your old, no talent, starless defense!!!!!!! Who cant get there rival to punt,  Ya I think I know more.

Incredible that you've never won an NFL game knowing more than Belichick. Hopefully someone gives you a shot to run a team soon. 

Moore and Pickens went after Thornton so I'm not sure if that helps your argument.