Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

Here are some of the players I like for 2022. I copied them from my notes. I changed some of the bookmark with comments I hope this helps getting discussions going.

Tankathon | 2021 NFL Draft Order

Top Edge Rushers 2022 NFL Draft

Top Running Backs 2022 NFL DRAFT - Page 4

Early 2022 NFL Draft running back rankings and class overview | NFL Draft | PFF

Max Borghi RB pass catcher ++++++++++++++++++

Sincere McCormick UTSA RB short power catcb ball 6/7

James Cook (Georgia RB) vs Alabama (???? injured history

Eric Gray || Oklahoma Sooners Running Back || 2021 Junior Highlights - YouTube

Tyler Goodson || Iowa Hawkeyes Running Back +++++

Jerome Ford || UC Bearcats Running Back ??????

Alec Pierce 2021 Senior Season Highlights | Cincinnati Bearcats Wide Receiver | NFL Draft Prospect

Britain Covey Utah WR Small, holy crap he's pefect Pat

Mike Sainristil WR Mighagan small

Skyy Moore || Western Michigan WR - short blazing speed & qiuck

David Bell || Purdue Boilermakers Wide Receiver

Dontario Drummond Ole Miss WR slot, OLD crafty smooth bloks 7th

Wake Forest WR Jaquarii Roberson deep threat 6/7 RD

Calvin Austin lll WR, Tiny. explosive replace Gunner Wow!!! 6/7RD

Christian Watson Ndsu WR 6'5" fast

Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State 1:06

Erik Ezukanma 2020 Highlights | Texas Tech WR | 2022 NFL Draft Prospect - YouTube

Reggie Roberson SMU WR

Wan’Dale Robinson wr/rb kentucky

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/players/george-pickens

John Metchie & Jameson Williams vs Roger McCreary (2021) | WR vs CB Matchup - YouTube

Chris Autman-Bell WR | MN blocks wow, tough justin ross wr clemsons.

Virginia Tech TE James Mitchell jac all trades

Jalen Wydermyer | 2019-20 Texas A&M Highlights - YouTube

Cole Turner Nevada TE

Jalen Wydermyer TE A&M

Kyler Gordon, Washington CB ++++++

Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn

Cam Taylor-Britt || Nebraska Defensive Back ??????

Jaquan Brisker Penn State DB/S

”Jalen Pitre Baylor safety versatile smart tough

Jordan Battle 2020 Highlights | Alabama DB

Mike Rose*, ILB/DE, Iowa State

Nolan Smith lb does his job can cover

Josh Ross -lb Michigan small tough smart

Jack Campbell LB | Iowa Football 6'5 6/7 Love Iowa playes ST

Chad Muma Wyoming

LB Damone Clark LSU LB

Brandon Smith LB Penn ST big fast

Cincinnati LB Darrian Beavers MONSTER

Nolan Smith LB Do your job solid game.

Grant Morgan: lb arkansaas Brandon Smith lb big and fast

Quay Walker, Linebacker, Georgia Bulldogs

Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia ++++++

Ikem Ekwonu Left Guard and Tackle highlights - YouTube

Trevor Keegan OL big man Michigan

Ben Petrula IOL Boston College - Draft Player Profile | The Draft Network

Cade Mays, Right Tackle -Tennessee

Ole Miss offensive linemen Ben Brown

Chattanooga OG Cole Strange sleeper

, Demarvin Leal DT/DE Texas A&M remind seymour

Ali Gaye, LSU DE | NFL Draft Scouting Report

Devonte Wyatt DL Georgia versitilty/ can move wow

Apu Ika baylor nt huge

Tariqious Tisdale DT Ole Miss | NFL Draft 2022 Scouting Report https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com › Player › Tariqious-Tisd...

Arnold Ebiketie Penn State DE tall need to add weight

John Ridgeway, Nose Guard: Illinois State Highlights - YouTube

Travon Walker DL/DE Georgia

Chris Allen Highlights Alabama Crimson Tide 2020-21 Season - YouTube

• Like 1

DL: 

- Need to find your Vince Wilfork.. Godchaux isn't it.. need a DT ... any guys in the middle rounds @m haynes

- Lawrence guy is getting old.. need a DE .. a poor mans Ty Warren would be nice

- Day 3 need .. but a sneaky big need

LB: 

- Need ILB help assuming the plan isn't Uche and Mcgrone in the middle and Judon/Perkins on the outside. Either way if that is the plan they should be looking for more mid round guys to be insurance policies to that plan

- Top 3 round need

CB: 

- Need a future #1 and a slot guy with Jones on the last year of his deal

- The hope is that Wade can be the #2 eventually which would help here.. but they either need to resign JC or get his replacement asap

- I fully expect them to grab a corner in the first two rounds ( IF JC is tagged and traded I fully expect them to draft one in the first round) 

- Top 2 round need as well as late round / UDFA developmental guy .. def a double dip type of year

S: 

- Need Devin McCourty's replacement still .. Dugger and Phillips are good but we still need that 3rd safety. I'm not sure how good this safety class is but this position will depend entirely on how the CB position goes. If they get some Corners then we could see Mills / Bryant playing safety in that 3rd safety role along with Bledsoe developing behind the scenes. 

- I could see either round 3-4 or not at all.. depends on how CB shakes out

OL: 

- If a great OT falls to them at 21, that's almost automatically the pick.. otherwise we could see a developmental guy or wait another year to spend a 1st rounder on an OT

- G depth all the way at the end of the draft should be expected too 

- Either first two rounds or very late

RB: 

- Damien Harris is on the last year of his deal and James White is a free agent.. don't be surprised if they draft another RB in the middle rounds (who's the last RB they resigned after their rookie contract... James White i guess?.. Harris will likely be gone in favor of Stevenson and a rookie) 

- Round 4-7

TE: 

- No change they draft one.. they can't even get Asiasi on the field and I still believe he has potential 

- Better not

WR: 

- They need an Agholor Replacement and a Meyers replacement .. I'm not sure who the outside guy would be but Wan'dale Robsinson is my pick for the slot .. WR is a top 2 round need imo.. if you don't get Mac great YAC weapons then he will never reach his full potential. 

- Round 1-3 

Punter/Kicker: 

- Jake Bailey had a bad year and apparently this draft has an amazing punter in it so don't be surprised if that's the Patriots 5th round pick 

- Round 5-6

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We have a lot of holes…but I’d prioritise it like this;

1: fast Linebacker 

2: genuine number 1 WR

3: LT

You're assuming JC is resigned / tagged?

- Even if they retain JC CB has to be a big need unless you are assuming Wade / Mills are the answer at #2 corner ( or they get lucky in UDFA again). 

- I wouldn't put it past BB to tag and trade him tbo.. especially because he was an UDFA, he could get cocky and feel like he could just find another JC in the draft 

I agree that those are all big needs ( LT less so because we have Wynn one more year and he is "good enough"), i would probably swap that out with CB though and add in a NT. 

The main problem is those are all 1st round level needs. I have all the trust in the world that BB can fill the middle of the roster in.. but the top 10 players on the roster.. not so much. 

7 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

You're assuming JC is resigned / tagged?

- Even if they retain JC CB has to be a big need unless you are assuming Wade / Mills are the answer at #2 corner ( or they get lucky in UDFA again). 

- I wouldn't put it past BB to tag and trade him tbo.. especially because he was an UDFA, he could get cocky and feel like he could just find another JC in the draft 

I agree that those are all big needs ( LT less so because we have Wynn one more year and he is "good enough"), i would probably swap that out with CB though and add in a NT. 

The main problem is those are all 1st round level needs. I have all the trust in the world that BB can fill the middle of the roster in.. but the top 10 players on the roster.. not so much. 

Yeah CB. Forgot. That must go in top 3 😩

David Bell, WR from Purdue is absolutely nasty. Single-handedly destroyed my MSU Spartans (but then again who didn’t🙄)

6’2, 210lbs.

He’s spectacular after the catch. Big play ability. Comfortable lining up in multiple formations. Good vision, always knows where to be. Tough to bring down. Good catch radius. 

EDIT-

George Pickens is another guy that I really like, but I don’t see him being available for anything but our first round pick, and I’m not sure if he’s a high 20’s draft pick kinda guy

Edited by DaPatsKid98

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

It's been a long time since they've had a true NT .. and it's been a long time since they've had great run defense. At this point the two have to be connected :D

The nice thing is you don't need to spend a 1st rounder on one because most teams in the league don't really care about the big guys like they used to 

10 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

It's been a long time since they've had a true NT .. and it's been a long time since they've had great run defense. At this point the two have to be connected :D

The nice thing is you don't need to spend a 1st rounder on one because most teams in the league don't really care about the big guys like they used to 

They should have no problem getting one. there is not many teams looking for fatties!

ADD   Josh Uche was a waste of a pick. He doesn't fit BB system. I think BB wanted to turn him into a MLB.  IMO Uche needs to be let loose and that kind of player drive him nuts...on the bench young man.   He would be great with the Seahawks just like Irvin. Let him run filling gaps is not his game.

I also think he screwed up with the Perkins pick.

My comment have nothing to do with the players but there skills don't match BB scheme.  So it baffles me...why!

EX  Why waste a pick on the best LB in the country, Dean he would be dead by the 5th game. Patriot take Dean wwwwhhhhhhaaaaaattttt!!!!

I think the idea is that they need to change their philosophy. The way they use LB's doesn't work in the modern NFL. They can't contain RPO's and mobile QBs. 

That's now exactly what they have in the division.. if they don't figure how how to defend it quickly they won't win the division again in the BB era

• Like 2