BlizzCon 2017

showtime

This year marks the 11th BlizzCon event.  For anyone who may be unfamiliar, BlizzCon is a massive event that features live entertainment, huge gaming tournaments as well as very exciting news/updates for some of the biggest and most popular games in the industry.  From all early indications, this year's BlizzCon will not disappoint.  World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft 2, and Hearthstone have many exciting events going on over the next two days.  I am really looking forward to seeing all the news/updates as we dive into the future of these great gaming titles, but I am also extremely excited to watch the tournaments.

This thread seems like an awesome place to compile all the happenings of this weekend!  The show starts today, Friday, November 3rd at 9:30am pacific standard time.

Mention all the games, but not their game which is the most popular right now, Overwatch? The shame.

Hero 26 expected to be revealed at the event.

Is Overwatch more popular than Hearthstone?

This is a big event for OW though. I think all the esports events get like 100K viewers on Twitch alone for the finals, with them trying to roll out the ambitious OW League, the viewers aren't there and this a big opportunity. I think it's gonna fail, but it's like the most interesting thing happening in esports right now IMO.

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

Mention all the games, but not their game which is the most popular right now, Overwatch? The shame.

Hero 26 expected to be revealed at the event.

Funny enough, while I was writing the open post of this thread, I kept thinking to myself, "I know I'm missing a game.... I know I'm missing a game."  I kept thinking of Diablo, but I am not anticipating much in the way of Diablo 3 outside of the usual minor game play changes every season.  This is going to be a big BlizzCon for Overwatch.  Not only because of the World Cup that is going on, but also because I am assuming they will reveal more information about leagues and the overall esports scene.

Added Overwatch to the first post!  =)

Just now, showtime said:

Funny enough, while I was writing the open post of this thread, I kept thinking to myself, "I know I'm missing a game.... I know I'm missing a game."  I kept thinking of Diablo, but I am not anticipating much in the way of Diablo 3 outside of the usual minor game play changes every season.  This is going to be a big BlizzCon for Overwatch.  Not only because of the World Cup that is going on, but also because I am assuming they will reveal more information about leagues and the overall esports scene.

a3a2402e-6b50-4cb9-b66c-6e574ae37658.jpg

:)

Archived