Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals: The wait, who's suiting up for us again Edition

Forge

One of the few winnable games left on our schedule! Do we continue the tank, or do we pull one out here. Now that half of our expected roster is officially on IR, it's not going to be pretty. Oh, and did I mention that the Cardinals are starting Drew Stanton? This game has the chance to be some of the most epically bad football we have ever witnessed. Its saying something that this may be a worse game than the first time we played Arizona (which, despite a fun and entertaining ending, was pretty brutal to watch through regulation). 

One thing I do want to watch is Spoon at corner. I thought he played very well against the Eagles overall, even though Alshon's long touchdown was on him (though I thought Spoon did have solid coverage). Also, I believe that Foster is expected back for this game (while I'm assuming that Thomas is officially out with the sprained MCL), so lets see if he can actually make it through an entire game. It would be nice if he could. I feel kind of bad for Beat Hard given that he's going to get pummeled in this game. I haven't heard whether Brown will be back or not, but Staley is definitely out, and it's looking unlikely that Fusco is playing...so there's a good chance that we are seeing a healthy dose of Zane Beadles. 

I actually picked us to win this game in the pigskin pickem, though I'm not feeling great about it. It's going to be an ugly affair. I'm going to stick with that selection (even with Garcon going on IR yesterday). 

49ers- 16, Cardinals - 13

Brown will be back as he has been practicing all week and is out of the concussion protocol, but Fusco will be out. 

I wonder if we stick with Beadles at LT and put Magnuson at RG for the injured Fusco?

Beadles/Tomlinson/Kilgore/Magnuson/Brown

Though I would like to see Beadles far far far away from the line up. 

But man is that a bad looking OL lol. Terrible at run blocking, and won't be able to protect at all.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Spoon and even Doozy. Witherspoon will get matched up against some speedsters so it will be good to see how he fares against those types of WRs.

Since it looks like Reid will move back to safety, does he play FS or SS? Tartt is a beast at the LOS but Reid was really good there to in preseason. 

Foster should be back, and it looks like Coyle has supplanted Armstrong. 

On offense, our starting WRs will be Robinson/Goodwin....yet they are probably an upgrade over who we were starting the last few weeks of last season lol.

I think the game will be close as the Cardinals are a bad team themselves, but we still end up losing.

Cards 20 SF 16

I'm actually starting to get worried that the 49ers could go winless. Even though I heard that there is about a 94% chance that they at least win one game. This is probably the one where the best chance of happening will occur. I can't think of any other game where the 49ers will be favored. Even against the Giants coming off a bye. After hearing who is going to be in the lineup and who isn't, this is probably going to be another long game like the rest have mostly been. At this point, tanking is "meh". The 49ers have their QB, and will probably still be picking in the top three. I'm guessing the other two teams are going to need a QB themselves. 49ers can just sit back and entertain a trade down. So I just want the one win for the season. 

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I'm actually starting to get worried that the 49ers could go winless. Even though I heard that there is about a 94% chance that they at least win one game. This is probably the one where the best chance of happening will occur. I can't think of any other game where the 49ers will be favored. Even against the Giants coming off a bye. After hearing who is going to be in the lineup and who isn't, this is probably going to be another long game like the rest have mostly been. At this point, tanking is "meh". The 49ers have their QB, and will probably still be picking in the top three. I'm guessing the other two teams are going to need a QB themselves. 49ers can just sit back and entertain a trade down. So I just want the one win for the season. 

For sure want a win or two this season. Maybe with Jimmy G we get that. But the next two games are as winnable as any left on the schedule. Can't beat the Cards or Giants, then 0-16 looks likely.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Brown will be back as he has been practicing all week and is out of the concussion protocol, but Fusco will be out. 

I wonder if we stick with Beadles at LT and put Magnuson at RG for the injured Fusco?

Beadles/Tomlinson/Kilgore/Magnuson/Brown

Though I would like to see Beadles far far far away from the line up. 

But man is that a bad looking OL lol. Terrible at run blocking, and won't be able to protect at all.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Spoon and even Doozy. Witherspoon will get matched up against some speedsters so it will be good to see how he fares against those types of WRs.

Since it looks like Reid will move back to safety, does he play FS or SS? Tartt is a beast at the LOS but Reid was really good there to in preseason. 

Foster should be back, and it looks like Coyle has supplanted Armstrong. 

On offense, our starting WRs will be Robinson/Goodwin....yet they are probably an upgrade over who we were starting the last few weeks of last season lol.

I think the game will be close as the Cardinals are a bad team themselves, but we still end up losing.

Cards 20 SF 16

I'm curious to know if we'll activate Williams for the first time.  I think we just signed a veteran though so maybe they'll go with him, although Williams must know the offense better at this point.

Oops responded with the preceding before I saw your post on Williams.  Good.  I liked what I saw from him in preseason. In any case it's always nice to get a chance to see the rookies in some game action to see what's there and help decide what to do in the offseason.

11 hours ago, N4L said:

Trent brown is back aaaand 

https://mobile.twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/926544768720543744 

Should be interesting. I am rooting for the TIE

"I will never be a right tackle...the day they ask me to be a right tackle is the day I retire" 

Lol Staley is always the best in interviews, stay on the left side Joe and keep Trent on the right everything in between is where we need massive improvement. 

Archived