Does Daniel Jones Deserve to be the Starter in 2022

YogiBiz

Would you guys trade for Deshaun Watson? I'd consider both 1st rounders this year tbh. Maybe trade them both of our 1st rounders and a 3rd next year for their 1st this year and Watson.

Or if they like Daniel Jones, throw him in there instead of the 3rd rounder

Edited by w4rrior723

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Id be down for that. But being our cap situation is absolutely putrid (and that's being nice).. can we even afford to do that? 

We will be able to make small moves like that. Contracts will be signed with void years to shift the cap hit.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

Would you guys trade for Deshaun Watson? I'd consider both 1st rounders this year tbh. Maybe trade them both of our 1st rounders and a 3rd next year for their 1st this year and Watson.

Not until we know what the NFL is doing with him. I also heard from one of the Beat, that Mara won’t touch him due to the backlash. The backlash was huge from the Josh Brown DV arrest and Mara doesn’t want to repeat that.

Watson also has a $40M cap hit this year. We can do some money voodoo, but it be impossible to do practically anything else with him. We would likely need to increase his cap hit for future years (he’s under contract until 2025), which would kill us now and down the road.

We need to rebuild the roster, I don’t think it’s smart to saddle us down with another huge contract, when our team is trash.

3 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I would pass on Watson. Too pricy, and he's got skeevy legal issues that the NY media would have a field day with.

Plus a mobile QB can cover up a lot of o-line issues. I'd prefer a more traditional pocket passer back there so we can see just how much it's improving after we've (hopefully) drafted some new linemen, early and often.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

I don't want anything to do with Deshaun Watson.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Would I? For sure. Would the Giants? No chance in heck.

Watson = No (too expensive, too risky)
Wilson: 1st and a player..yep| Two 1sts ...maybe..but ehh..no| Three 1sts...Nope
Jones for 8 Mil: Yep. But sign a competent backup that will push him for the job and provide veteran guidance. 

Jones puts up numbers comparable to 2019 you sign him to a team favorable contract. He falls short let him walk and draft a replacement in 2023. 

• Like 1