2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

9 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I don't know if I like this idea because I'm not sure what it means in regard to access to Eagles games. 

Doesn’t change things too much, I know CBS has all their games on Paramount+. I suppose you could trick it with a vpn for a cheap Sunday ticket? But I know they try to squash that.

13 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I don't know if I like this idea because I'm not sure what it means in regard to access to Eagles games. 

Sounds like it will be a bidding war each week? and instead of one AFC/NFC you might get 2 AFC or NFC.

13 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’m really used to FOX and it def feels weird when we play on CBS. It has the AFC feels. I don’t like it. I’m filling unzipped. And I don’t like it. 

My distaste for CBS definitely stems partly from it being the home of the AFC. Like how they shoot stuff doesn’t seem right. (Especially for their tv shows, which are awful)

I don’t see Fox loving this. They shared LA and NY, then had Chicago, Philly, Dallas, San Fran, Atlanta, DC to themselves for the most part. 8 of the top 10 markets. Have 11-15 too.

AFC shares 1 and 2, 8 in Houston, 10 in Boston. Next highest 16th with Denver.

It’ll be interesting how this will effect game coverage, like growing up in more central PA the Eagles could sometimes get bumped because of the Ravens (they since have fixed it) 

so theoretically now they can do fans a solid for 1 o’clock games in cross markets and move games to the other networks. Not really NFLs mo though, probably more often it’ll ruin things

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

It’ll be interesting how this will effect game coverage, like growing up in more central PA the Eagles could sometimes get bumped because of the Ravens (they since have fixed it) 

so theoretically now they can do fans a solid for 1 o’clock games in cross markets and move games to the other networks. Not really NFLs mo though, probably more often it’ll ruin things

This is my fear.

• Like 1

I think we can all agree, that on paper, this team should compete with anybody. Should be a double digit win team, and should win a playoff game or two. On paper in my opinion, it's a top 10 roster. Possibly top 5. All on paper. In order for this all to come to fruition on the field, falls on Jalen Hurts, Nick Sirianni, and Jonathan Gannon. Not necessarily in that order. I am confident that the players acquired/remaining can comprise the core of a legitimate playoff team as long as their quarterback performs to an appropriate level, and that their coaches put them in positions to succeed, allowing them to play to their strengths.

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, since its the offseason are we gonna ever do The Baldies again? @Kiltman

Last time was 2017 when @Phireran it and still posted. First and only Baldies on the new site.

The problem is just making sure we get enough vote submissions.

It's also been so long that I don't remember if we do like nominations before actually voting LOL.

• Like 1