2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Always wanted Clowney when he was rumored available or FA. But really, that dude built an entire career off of one college play. He’s never gotten 10 sacks in a season. I know it’s not all in the stats because I remember the one game against him, besides him taking out Carson for his life, he was an absolute menace but is there anyone more over hyped than Clowney? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Always wanted Clowney when he was rumored available or FA. But really, that dude built an entire career off of one college play. He’s never gotten 10 sacks in a season. I know it’s not all in the stats because I remember the one game against him, besides him taking out Carson for his life, he was an absolute menace but is there anyone more over hyped than Clowney? 

Probably not. 

57 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Clowney is basically Brandon Graham.  Never had a 10 sack season but constantly gets pressure on the QB, stops the run but rarely gets home.

Spot on. Great comp

Random Late Night Thought:

The Eagles are better off for having got obliterated by the Bucs in the Wild Card round this year.

• Maybe that sounds dumb in theory like "Who would ever want to get the crap beat out of them and embarrassed in a playoff game like we were?" and I get that. But, going after we sealed up a wildcard birth after week 17 there was all this talk about who we might play in the wildcard round and I saw a lot of Eagles fans saying they don't want to face Tampa and for good reason. You have a great run defense with Vita Vea in the middle that was getting the healthiest it had been since very early in the year and Brady on the other side who is arguably the best all time at taking what the defense gives him and Gannon was giving a lot last year to better QBs and not making life tough on them. It was the worst WC match-up we could've asked for. The only real hope we had was for the weather prediction of rain to be right and for there to be A LOT of it. That didn't happen as I learned Tampa Bay weather changes at a moments notice and it was perfect weather for throwing the football and Brady was able to quickly get out to a multi score lead and they bottled up  the rushing attack quickly and did a great job forcing him to stay in the pocket and throw. Also, didn't help that we lost Sweat who was our best edge rusher last year to an emergency procedure for a life-threatening situation.... not that it would've mattered since Brady was just gonna get the ball out quick against us anyways. I wanted a better performance than we got out of the Eagles that day of course, but putting up our worst performance of the year against a defense (personnel + DC) and QB built to give us major problems put all our flaws on full display was a great wake up call of how much we need to improve and they got a lot of tape from that one to try and iron out all the issues that got exploited not just with Hurts as a passer and Gannon's defense. Hopefully both of them learn from what they saw on tape after and take a good sized step going forward into the 2022 season.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Weird

QB factory. 

Prb would have dealt Minshew after. Cards maybe with all the uncertainty. 

Don’t expect Minshew and Dillard on opening day rosters. Someone’s going to get hurt. And Howie will strike. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

QB factory. 

Prb would have dealt Minshew after. Cards maybe with all the uncertainty. 

Don’t expect Minshew and Dillard on opening day rosters. Someone’s going to get hurt. And Howie will strike. 

Them trading Minshew after is the only logical explanation to make a move like that, especially with the addition of Carson Strong for one of the largest guarantees for a UDFA. 

If that was the case I wouldn’t have minded it just cause I love Nick and think he would be a great mentor of sorts to Hurts for the last 2 years of his rookie deal and Minshew is a FA next offseason. I think I’d rather have Minshew coming in as the back-up this season, but if we could’ve got a veteran and Eagles legend to help pass knowledge down to Jalen on the field and in the meeting room and got back a decent pick for Minshew I would’ve been cool with it.

If it did happen… all the Foles stans would be calling for Hurts’ head the first bad drive/game he has. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Another possible slot corner.. although he has played on the outside too. We have a ton of slot corners!!!

YESSS!!! I’ve been thinking about the idea of moving Maddox to FS since we didn’t get one in the draft or FA. Avonte only played there a bit as a rookie, but with his speed showed really good range. I know he really played very well at slot which was why I was cool with keeping him there, but he might be able to help us more this year at safety and I know Avonte is willing to make the switch. Plus, like I said we have a bunch of slot corners and maybe they won’t play as well as Maddox did last year, but they can probably be solid at least. It’s definitely something to think about and monitor this off-season.

The more value you can provide on special teams which was underwhelming for us last year besides Elliott…. the better. 👍🏻

35 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We corner the market on meh CB’s. There are like 57 of them on the roster. Someone has got to be moving to S 

I was gonna make a Voltron/Power Rangers joke but after slay, JB and Maddox they are a complete mystery as to what one thing they even do super well 

Seems very positive on Twitter about Moreland. I remember his Int against us but that's about it. Hope it works out 

“I’m a pick machine,” Moreland told reporters in 2019. “So I’m trying to get that turnover ratio up and get my defense off the field and give my offense momentum back.”

Nickname the People's Corner , I dig it

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh
Auto correct grr