2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Only put Maddox at 9th despite them saying he graded in the top 5 coverage grades last year for slots and was tied for the most passing stops in the slot last year too.

Weird... cause Maddox had a higher overall grade in their system than anybody in the top 5 including #1 Kenny Moore who was a Pro Bowler this season.

I never understand these lists they put out lol.

For anyone with lingering thoughts about them trading for Deshaun Watson earlier this year…. it was a 100% the correct decision not to.

Getting worse for him off the backs of more official cases, this time the Texans are implicated.

I don't want to call out PFF for this cause it was just one writers opinion just like the slot rankings and tackle rankings with Mailata being 18th, but yeah..... McCarthy over Tomlin and McVay? I lol'd.

I agree with these sentiments though.

FWIW they had Sirianni at the top of Tier 3 (Average Coaches) at #14 and right behind him was Pederson at #15. Not sure why Sean McDermott is ranked below them at #16 though. I think he's a really good defensive mind and obviously built something great with Daboll. We'll see how they do with Daboll going to the Giants, but they promoted Ken Dorsey to OC who they are really high on and who Daboll would've liked to take with him to East Rutherford if he could've.

Here is the article: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-head-coach-rankings-2022-bill-belichick-andy-reid-john-harbaugh

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

For anyone with lingering thoughts about them trading for Deshaun Watson earlier this year…. it was a 100% the correct decision not to.

Getting worse for him off the backs of more official cases, this time the Texans are implicated.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Watson didn't give the Eagles a chance for a meeting wasn't cause of our roster, but cause he's cool with Hurts who he has worked out with before and shares the same throwing coach with. He didn't want to take Jalen's job. He actually did us a favor lol.

24 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm pretty sure the only reason Watson didn't give the Eagles a chance for a meeting wasn't cause of our roster, but cause he's cool with Hurts who he has worked out with before and shares the same throwing coach with. He didn't want to take Jalen's job. He actually did us a favor lol.

I have to wonder if he tried to stay away from bigger markets to to try an avoid this scrutiny. There were other teams in need that didn’t even get a chance.

55 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Only put Maddox at 9th despite them saying he graded in the top 5 coverage grades last year for slots and was tied for the most passing stops in the slot last year too.

Weird... cause Maddox had a higher overall grade in their system than anybody in the top 5 including #1 Kenny Moore who was a Pro Bowler this season.

I never understand these lists they put out lol.

Yeah kinda like Mailata ranking what like 18th overall offensive tackle despite being graded 2nd overall LT. Truly mind boggling stuff they put out there sometimes.

8 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah kinda like Mailata ranking what like 18th overall offensive tackle despite being graded 2nd overall LT. Truly mind boggling stuff they put out there sometimes.

I think Tyron was actually the #2 behind Trent with Jordan the #3, but yeah agreed. Btw speaking of which it’s crazy how many great tackles the NFCE has had. Still can’t believe Washington blew it with Trent like they did.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think Tyron was actually the #2 behind Trent with Jordan the #3, but yeah agreed. Btw speaking of which it’s crazy how many great tackles the NFCE has had. Still can’t believe Washington blew it with Trent like they did.

He recorded an 88.3 grade last year, which was 2nd among qualifying left tackles.

58 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Idk I was quoting the article so who knows lol

Yeah it does say that, but its weird...

He went on to record an 88.3 overall PFF grade — second among qualifying left tackles — in his first season as a full-time starter last year. 

Like okay 88.3? That's higher than the overall grade of 87.4 on Mailata's page, but maybe that is factoring in the playoff game.

But, then they say this about Tyron...

His 90.2 PFF grade last year was the second-highest single-season mark of his career and ranked third among qualifying left tackles in 2021, behind only Trent Williams and Jordan Mailata.

90.2 is lower than the 91.4 on Tyron's page, but its still higher than the 88.3 they said has Mailata as 2nd.

I don't get it lol.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah it does say that, but its weird...

Like okay 88.3? That's higher than the overall grade of 87.4 on Mailata's page, but maybe that is factoring in the playoff game.

But, then they say this about Tyron...

90.2 is lower than the 91.4 on Tyron's page, but its still higher than the 88.3 they said has Mailata as 2nd.

I don't get it lol.

PFF just all over the place on these things lol

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

guy casually tossed cam jordan away like a sack of potatoes

88.3, 87.4, 90.2, 91.4. Whatever the number does change the above or the fact he's one of the best LT in football.  Scary part is, he's just getting started at age 25.