2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

On 2/15/2022 at 6:08 AM, ninjapirate said:

Do you think Russel Wilson would be confused the first time he drops back for us and there are no free rushers coming right at him?

Our pass protection wasn't great iirc. Good, but not great. We're a much better run blocking team, and all it takes is one or 2 injuries for everything to fall to crap.

On 2/14/2022 at 12:52 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Unless the Colts have some master plan to get Rodgers, Wilson or Watson? This is beyond stupid. This isn't me defending Wentz but they better have an improved option in place for a team a piece or two away from a SB.

The Colts aren't much better than us. Take Jonathan Taylor away, and the Eagles are better.
Colts have better RB and LB. Eagles have better overall DL, although Buckner is the best individual player at DL. Eagles have better secondary. Eagles have better TE. We're probably better at WR if you can believe that. The Colts really aren't that good. They just play a lot of bad teams, like us, and have a good coach.

Edited by Jeezla

Man I kinda feel disrespected by this ****.

I could definitely understand having us upper half of the bottom half of the league (wouldn't have minded if we were like 16-18), but putting us even lower tied for 20th (or 21st? I forget how ties work) with the Dolphins just seems like a bit of a slap in the face.

Like trust me I understand this is SB odds and you aren't gonna get much respect without a very good to great QB, but I still feel like we could be several spots higher than this even with Hurts still as QB.

3. Jaguars- Avg. Rank 6.3

With the 3rd most cap room, 3rd highest draft total and potential of Trevor Lawrence this was an attractive job despite the terrible history in Jacksonville. This team spends every year so expect them to be ultra aggressive in free agency. The downside here is they do rank middle of the pack in snaps to replace and a new coach may want to see even more roster turnover as the team was built for Urban Meyer last season.

2. Eagles- Avg. Rank 6.3

Philadelphia did a great job of manipulating the draft where they rank 4th in draft capital despite being a playoff team this season. While they still have a ways to go to be a legit contender they have the least amount of snaps they must replace and are amazingly middle of the pack in cap space, though they do not have the flexibility of other teams as they have already pulled many of their salary cap levers with Fletcher Cox being the player to watch.

1. Jets- Avg. Rank 3.7

The Jets are finally number one at something! The Jets rank 1st in the NFL in draft capital thanks to some great maneuvering by their front office which allowed them to maximize the value of their veteran players. They also rank 6th in cap room to add to the team in free agency. They don’t have many players to replace this year either so they can just grab whoever they need to upgrade. With the Bengals quick turnaround the Jets will be under a ton of pressure next year to compete rather than trying to sell a 3 to 5 year plan to the fanbase.

I mean 2nd overall is literally where OverTheCap had us ranked in their Offseason Resources article for the 2022 season.

Now I don't think we have enough money to make a ton of noise in FA, but we have enough to at least make some improvements whereas last year we had basically nothing and just had to give out very small one year deals.

It's amazing to me that our coaching staff gets almost no benefit of the doubt when Sirianni and Gannon were first time play callers and even the special teams coordinator was first time on the job and not even 30 years old yet lol. Hurts has never been in an offense for 2 years in a row dating back to high school. We have 3 first round picks and some actual maneuverability with the cap this year to make at least some nice additions in FA.

I typically think these are stupid exercises to do before the draft... nvm before FA even, but it still irked me a little bit.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Have maintained the feeling over the past couple years that the Colts talent was overrated. Was kinda confused by the whole narrative that Carson was gonna flourish with the Colts talent that was supposedly so much better than ours.

Speaking of which its mind boggling to me that the Colts odds for a SB in a STACKED conference is almost 2X better than ours.

7 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

You know you suck when you want to go to the Texans 🤣

Colts reporters from TheAthletic already said that rumor is false, but its still objectively hilarious knowing Wentz's personality.

I kinda hope if the Colts do get rid of him that he ends up in Washington, so we still get to play him this season. 

Wentz and Jimmy G feel like the type of QBs that Washington could actually land. I don't see any of the top QBs who might want to be traded telling the front office they'll waive their no trade clause to go to the Commanders.

I mean we're without a doubt better than the Broncos without Rodgers. I think we're at least on par with the Vikings but probably better, and we're definitely better than the Saints now. Better than the Seahawks without Wilson (arguably with him too), closer to Tampa without Brady, and closer to the Pats and for sure the Browns too. And as you mentioned in a different post, we have a lot of resources at our disposal for upgrading the roster.

47 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Have maintained the feeling over the past couple years that the Colts talent was overrated. Was kinda confused by the whole narrative that Carson was gonna flourish with the Colts talent that was supposedly so much better than ours.

Their receiving options are.... below average if you ask me. TY Hilton is washed. Pittman is a solid #2, but everything else? Yikes.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Their receiving options are.... below average if you ask me. TY Hilton is washed. Pittman is a solid #2, but everything else? Yikes.

The duo of DeVonta and Quez is head and shoulders above any duo they can come up with. Throw our offensive line and Goedert in and it's an overall blowout honestly.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Speaking of which its mind boggling to me that the Colts odds for a SB in a STACKED conference is almost 2X better than ours.

Yeah don’t get that one, like I get people not being high on Hurts but the NFC could be extremely weak this year.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Speaking of the Colts.... I want this rumor to be true so bad lol.

Sounds exactly like Carson. 😭

No way Pittsburgh media is as ruthless as Philly though. 

I want to see him go there just to see Tomlin break him. No way he puts up with him as he is.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah don’t get that one, like I get people not being high on Hurts but the NFC could be extremely weak this year.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I mean Hurts improved somewhat over the course of the season, but dude has a long way to go and I'm just not sure we'll ever see some big jump from him. The ranking just doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint pre-draft/FA.

I will say that I'm not too sure that Wilson or Rodgers get traded out of the NFC or traded at all really. I feel like the talk about Wilson and especially Rodgers has cooled quite a bit and I could see them both back for at least another year. I really can't imagine Pete continuing on with the Seahawks if Wilson wanted out. He's close to the oldest coach in the league at 70 years old and will be turning 71 at the start of this season. It feels really late in the game to be looking for a new coaching staff, so unless Wilson just suddenly demands to be traded and holds out... I'm not sure I see it. Not to mention I don't see that scenario happening cause I don't think Russ is one to really rock the boat. Rodgers I could see doing something like that, but everything is pointing towards things being smoother with the Packers organization than it was a year ago.