2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Really disappointing end but this team overachieved, if nothing else that’s a good sign that we made good choice with Siri.

I think this team could use upgrades almost everywhere outside of TE and OT. Some needs more urgent than others, but outside of those positions we’re not really set going forward anywhere, are we?

High Priority 2022

LB- our LBs are trash. We’ve neglected this position for years and it shows. 

DB- Slay only has a season or 2 left of being a plus defender. Maddox is a solid slot guy. No other promising corners, need to fix that. Only as strong as weakest link. Safeties need help ASAP, McLeod is respectable but he is old. 

WR- Smith is a stud, but nobody else would see more than 30 targets on a good offense. 

Edge- Graham might never be same, so getting an edge rusher is big. We haven’t had an elite pass rusher in so long. Barnett is a bum. Sweat is fine but he’s never going to be pro bowl caliber. If Gannon is sticking around, this front 4 has to be able to generate pressure at very healthy rate.

Mid Priority 2022

QB- Hurts probably isn’t the guy, he’ll need to improve his accuracy and field reading a good amount to give us confidence in him. At the same time, he’s on his rookie contract, this is a weak QB class, and this is the priciest need to fill, so I don’t think we can afford to be very aggressive upgrading this spot quite yet. Of course any rookie QB will have growing pains, so earlier we get one, the sooner we can contend (if Hurts indeed flames out). Mid round pick or FA with some potential (Mariota?) would be nice to bring in.

Interior DL- Cox is done I’m pretty sure, sadly. Hargraves is alright, seems as good as he is at getting pressure, he’s as weak in run game. Plus defender regardless, but we need another good starter AND depth. Milton hopefully pans out but doesn’t hurt to fortify interior.

Low Priority 2022

RB- We don’t have any difference makers at RB. Of course do you really need a difference maker at RB? Probably not, so it’s never a true need but I’d understand some signings or a late round pick, especially if our identity in 2022 remains running.

iOL- This is really low priority and borderline shouldn’t be included but only a matter of time until Kelce retires. Who knows what we have in our guards coming back from injury. Their replacements were hot and cold. Depth is vital so I’ll just say I wouldn’t mind some FA signings or mid round investments if value is there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Probably not, Ravens will probably grab him if he makes it that far.

I like some of that next wave of guys too like Jermaine Johnson.

Yeah Jermaine is good from what I've seen. Not a super high end athlete, but he makes sense in the next group of edge guys after the top guys.

I could definitely see the Ravens going with Ojabo too. Probably an even better fit than him to Philly.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Double me up at LB plz. Lloyd at MLB, Dean as a WLB and if Ojabo or Karalftis fall to 15 yoink one of them. 

Could really transform the defense and Gannon’s defense needs talent at these spots badly. 

Need at least one of them.

I lean Lloyd with his size and skillset but Dean would be great too.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm of the opinion, I'm willing to wait for a full recovery 1/2 a season if it means pairing him with Smitty.

Would be a dangerous combo

Has the talent, after today though I want Treylon or London. We need guys like that.

Treylon makes a lot of his own offense with his versatility.

Smith / Burks / Quez and Goedert is a good 4 options you can do a lot with.

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Double me up at LB plz. Lloyd at MLB, Dean as a WLB and if Ojabo or Karalftis fall to 15 yoink one of them. 

Could really transform the defense and Gannon’s defense needs talent at these spots badly. 

I think we need to spend some money in FA at LB too

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah Jermaine is good from what I've seen. Not a super high end athlete, but he makes sense in the next group of edge guys after the top guys.

I could definitely see the Ravens going with Ojabo too. Probably an even better fit than him to Philly.

I need to look at Walker a little more too. Thomas and the kid from Penn state have been talked about highly too.

Think there is more of a chance Karlaftis drops than a lot of mocks let on.