2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, Daimonas said:

dont think any of the teams of the first 4 would be even sort of considering "low" offers for them. yeah they might actually be worth that but it's a sellers market.

Yeah… l really have no idea how he thought any of those projections were realistic. 

We are either gonna have to pay out the *** draft picks wise for one of the older top QBs if one even becomes available or we are gonna have to overdraft a QB in a really weak class. Neither is really that great of an option to me with where our team is in our life cycle. Despite making the playoffs and having more cap space to work with then the hell we were in cap space wise last year and all the draft capital in the 1st round. We still just have a lot of stocking the cupboards  with good players that we still need to do. I think this past draft was definitely a step in the right direction, but I don’t want to throw this team into win now for the next couple years when I’m not sure we are ready. 

This is why I’m still on board with giving Hurts a second year starting. Going into this season my hope was that Hurts plays well and shows enough improvement to warrant avoiding this QB class and waiting till 2023. Bucs game was obviously a real bad outing, but for the most part he improved as the year went on. That doesn’t mean I think he’s our guy long term, cause despite how much I love the person and the leadership he brings to a locker room… I still want a better passer. I just don’t see these options I wanna consider that would likely happen.

5 hours ago, Daimonas said:

dont think any of the teams of the first 4 would be even sort of considering "low" offers for them. yeah they might actually be worth that but it's a sellers market.

It's not about what the other team would accept. That's simply what I personally think they are worth. 

14 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:
16 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Joking aside, if you were going to invest in one of these QB's, what would you give up/spend? 

Rogers? #19, but we get back their 3rd (#92) 
Cousins? Our 2nd + 4th
Carr? Our 2nd + 4th
Russell? Our 2nd + 3rd 
Jimmy? Our 2nd
Baker? Our 3rd
Matt Corral? Early 2nd
Kenny Pickett? Early 2nd
Sam Howell? Early 2nd
Malik Willis? Early 2nd
Carson Strong? Our 2nd
Desmond Ridder? Too ugly to take before the 3rd

Wentz???

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Speculation would be "The Eagles are looking at Reddick" not "The Eagles should look at Reddick". Brandon Lee Gowton thinks we should take a look at Hassan Reddick. That is not speculation. That's just an opinion. 

A “The Eagles are looking at Reddick” report, would be widely considered a fact that they are indeed looking at Reddick. There would be no speculation involved. 

Speculation: the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

I googled Reddick and Eagles and 3 articles came up. It is what it is, why bother arguing semantics? If I, or some bozo writers, can connect the dots, and an article can be written, then it is exactly that, speculation. Just some off-season fodder. Nothing to spill your bowl over. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

1-15 Kenyon Green RG
1-16 Matt Corral QB (or traded for Russell)
1-19 Daxton Hill S
2-51 Christian Watson WR or John Metchie III WR
3-83 Sam Williams DE
4 Troy Andersen LB

Could see us doing something like this. 

This, on the other hand, would drive me up the wall. I'd be more furious than when we took Jalen Hurts. Would give that a nice solid F.

20 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This, on the other hand, would drive me up the wall. I'd be more furious than when we took Jalen Hurts. Would give that a nice solid F.

It ain't what I would personally do, just something I could see Howard doing.

21 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

F for the grade and 🖕 for Howie if he was stupid enough to draft any if these QB's in the 1st