2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

14 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

F forĀ the grade and šŸ–• for Howie ifĀ he was stupid enough to draft any if these QB's in the 1stĀ 

Yup and I really don't think he'll draft any of them. In the 1st round anyways. I just haveĀ this gut feeling that Howie is gonna make a monster trade for one of Russ or Watson. I don't think he likes being in QB limbo for more than 1 year. Not saying I agree with acquiring one of those guys, but I honestly believe one of them will be an Eagle.

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Holy hell, listening to ITB you'd think we're still in cap hell. Anybody who's worth a damn is "out of the Eagles price range" šŸ¤£. I like those guys but their estimations and evals are really out of wack on some things.Ā 

Caplan just literally parrots what he hears from others. The show isn't good for original thoughts... just an insight into what some other people think. They are reporters not football guys after all.

That said it is entirely possible the Eagles aren't looking to spend big buck in FA this offseason. Spend a little bit, build through the draft, let some cap rollover when we have a very good idea of what we want to do at QB.

11 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Caplan just literally parrots what he hears from others. The show isn't good for original thoughts... just an insight into what some other people think. They are reporters not football guys after all.

That said it is entirely possible the Eagles aren't looking to spend big buck in FA this offseason. Spend a little bit, build through the draft, let some cap rollover when we have a very good idea of what we want to do at QB.

They had DJ Chark out of our range. Which is laughable.Ā 

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah, thatā€™s what I mainly listen to it for, butĀ Ā I cringe at some of the stuff CaplanĀ says and he acts like a know-it-all a lot of the time.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, thatā€™s what I mainly listen to it for, butĀ Ā I cringe at some of the stuff CaplanĀ says and he acts like a know-it-all a lot of the time.

It is so annoying to listen to, I feel bad for Geoff.

Caplan thinks he's so inside and better than everyone else.

Listen Folks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It is so annoying to listen to, I feel bad for Geoff.

Caplan thinks he's so inside and better than everyone else.

Listen Folks

The last part šŸ˜‚

But, yeah Mosher seems like an honestly nice dude. Iā€™m sure heā€™s used to how Adam is, but itā€™s still annoying.

I like that they are gonna have a recurring show with Cosell for the offseason and they added Tra Thomas to do videos on their YouTube page and I like listening to Avant and Mikellā€™s pod too.Ā 

• Like 1

Not sure how much them protecting him a bunch means, but at least it means they had some faith in him developing. Doesnā€™t necessarily mean heā€™ll make the team for us, but I donā€™t mind more competition at DT since this isnā€™t the strongest class and I donā€™t see us spending any significantĀ money on it in FA really. I would like to add a good 1T later in the draft if we can.Ā 

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure how much them protecting him a bunch means, but at least it means they had some faith in him developing. Doesnā€™t necessarily mean heā€™ll make the team for us, but I donā€™t mind more competition at DT since this isnā€™t the strongest class and I donā€™t see us spending any significantĀ money on it in FA really. I would like to add a good 1T later in the draft if we can.Ā 

I think about the guys we protected each week and they were all guys I remember not wanting to lose. I think it was 4 each week? That's a good sign for him. I want thatĀ Travis Jones dude. Think he'd be perfect in the 3rd round if he's still there.Ā 

13 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think about the guys we protected each week and they were all guys I remember not wanting to lose. I think it was 4 each week? That's a good sign for him. I want thatĀ Travis Jones dude. Think he'd be perfect in the 3rd round if he's still there.Ā 

We would probably have to take Travis Ā in the second, but yeah Iā€™d love to add a guy like him.

12 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah Travis Jones would be a solid add with Cox leaving in the not too distant future, unless they are super high on Milton.

21 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah Travis Jones would be a solid add with Cox leaving in the not too distant future, unless they are super high on Milton.

Even if they are super high on Milton, Hargrave won't be here forever (I do think they'll extend him) and that 3rd DT in the rotation is damn near a starter.