2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It is so annoying to listen to, I feel bad for Geoff.

Caplan thinks he's so inside and better than everyone else.

Listen Folks

Pretty much ya. He thinks cause he knows people he is very informed and has a good idea of what he is talking about. You can tell he is a guy who made it cause he is good at making connections and not because he is super specialized.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Travis Jones and Milton are different players, but I’m really high on Milton’s potential.

Just from a roster management I mean. If Milton is a future starter in their eyes next to Hargrave, then DT need drops a bit.

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Pretty much ya. He thinks cause he knows people he is very informed and has a good idea of what he is talking about. You can tell he is a guy who made it cause he is good at making connections and not because he is super specialized.

It’s wild when he won’t give an opinion because no one has told him how to think yet. Like it’s little stuff too, you’ve been in the NFL media game for multiple decades…put some skin in and have an original thought.

• Like 1

I don't understand why Quez isn't included more in the off season blurbs when it comes to the moves we need to make at WR. They list DeVonta, as they should, sometimes Goedert when it's a broad view, and rarely mention Quez. He had a solid season with good analytical numbers and would've probably had ballpark 900 yards with a competent QB and normal offense. He's a legitimate piece.

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I don't understand why Quez isn't included more in the off season blurbs when it comes to the moves we need to make at WR. They list DeVonta, as they should, sometimes Goedert when it's a broad view, and rarely mention Quez. He had a solid season with good analytical numbers and would've probably had ballpark 900 yards with a competent QB and normal offense. He's a legitimate piece.

Are you reading national or local?

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Just from a roster management I mean. If Milton is a future starter in their eyes next to Hargrave, then DT need drops a bit.

See here is the thing. DT is kind of an underrated need, but Cox isn’t long for this team and next offseason Hargrave is a free agent. This DT class just doesn’t have upper echelon talent to take top 20. If we trade back into the late first or early to mid second then  an early DT becomes more of a possibility. Might need to look for FA this year who would could sign to a cheap one year deal as a run stuffer.

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

See here is the thing. DT is kind of an underrated need, but Cox isn’t long for this team and next offseason Hargrave is a free agent. This DT class just doesn’t have upper echelon talent to take top 20. If we trade back into the late first or early to mid second then  an early DT becomes more of a possibility. Might need to look for FA this year who would could sign to a cheap one year deal as a run stuffer.

Yeah I remember looking ahead at some point and we’re like “oh yeah DT need is coming up quick” … I think it was around an early draft discussion on Leal.

it’s tough to kick the can to next year because you very well might have to take a QB and trade a lot of stuff to do it. 

I wonder first round wise if they’d consider taking Travon Walker to address it. He’s 6’5” 275 and lines up all along the front. Has some violent hands on the inside, and fights through blocks. As a pure edge there are some better guys in this draft but if the idea is to add him as a versatile piece who’s main home ends up being Fletch’s spot… I could see it.

Especially since last year Gannon tried to use Cox a little different and Fletch wasn’t into it really. Travon comes in as a Edge/DT hybrid you can mold.

Just thinking out loud. 

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I remember looking ahead at some point and we’re like “oh yeah DT need is coming up quick” … I think it was around an early draft discussion on Leal.

it’s tough to kick the can to next year because you very well might have to take a QB and trade a lot of stuff to do it. 

I wonder first round wise if they’d consider taking Travon Walker to address it. He’s 6’5” 275 and lines up all along the front. Has some violent hands on the inside, and fights through blocks. As a pure edge there are some better guys in this draft but if the idea is to add him as a versatile piece who’s main home ends up being Fletch’s spot… I could see it.

Especially since last year Gannon tried to use Cox a little different and Fletch wasn’t into it really. Travon comes in as a Edge/DT hybrid you can mold.

Just thinking out loud. 

For what it's worth I did hear Andrew DiCecco mention that he sees Walker as more of a DE who can play DT. I kinda look at him as the reverse Milton Williams since Milton occasionally plays DE but is primarily a DT.

31 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

For what it's worth I did hear Andrew DiCecco mention that he sees Walker as more of a DE who can play DT. I kinda look at him as the reverse Milton Williams since Milton occasionally plays DE but is primarily a DT.

As do I, but he’s definitely a versatile guy. Translates well at that 3tech spot whenever he bumps in.

Think a creative DC would have a lot of fun using him, especially if you got a hybrid SAM/Edge in that Anthony Barr model. Have Travon on the edge but can bump in when you want that backer up on the line.

He also can play 5tech end if you ever want to go 3front, though in most of those situations he’d probably go in to add speed.

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Problem solved!!

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

As do I, but he’s definitely a versatile guy. Translates well at that 3tech spot whenever he bumps in.

Think a creative DC would have a lot of fun using him, especially if you got a hybrid SAM/Edge in that Anthony Barr model. Have Travon on the edge but can bump in when you want that backer up on the line.

He also can play 5tech end if you ever want to go 3front, though in most of those situations he’d probably go in to add speed.

Yeah that all makes sense. I'm usually super against tweener guys who are "versatile", but I'm kind of warming up to the idea of Walker. Not sure I want him to move around THAT much, but I like him enough to take him. 

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah that all makes sense. I'm usually super against tweener guys who are "versatile", but I'm kind of warming up to the idea of Walker. Not sure I want him to move around THAT much, but I like him enough to take him. 

With the defense wanting to do  more multiple fronts, using Walker like the Saints use Cam Jordan makes me feel sexy 

• Like 1