2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

33 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Nate Allen slander. Dude wasn’t the same after his knee injury. I don’t think that would deter Howie unlike the Jarrett pick. 

That's true about after the injury, but I mean both failed ultimately. I definitely think he's apprehensive about going safety or it's just not how he does things.

34 minutes ago, oland11 said:

Kvon was working in as the 3rd safety before he got hurt this season then Epps didn’t give it up. I still think he can develop more and work in as the 3rd/rotational. 

Meh. We'll see. I think it was Cosell that said on a recent podcast that he doesn't like K'Von Wallace like that and coming out he thought he was mainly a box guy. He was chomping at the bit to praise Marcus Epps though. Said he's a versatile safety that he thinks he can be a starter in the NFL and the fact they put him on Gronk indicates they feel good about him in coverage.

Overview

While he played some safety and a lot of big nickel in 2019, his biggest impact came when cutting it loose as a downhill blitzer, disrupting the run and smashing quarterbacks. Wallace plays with exceptional grit and tenacity. He unloads with everything he's got on hit after hit. His hips may be too tight to hold up in man coverage and he lacks range as a high safety. He's a potential backup safety capable of playing near the line and helping on special teams.

This is his NFL.com scouting report coming out and it seems pretty accurate.

The weird thing about what Cosell said is that K'Von is too small when talking about coverage when Epps and him are basically the same size. K'Von was bigger weight wise by like 9 lbs coming out and Marcus was only like half an inch taller.

I will say that I think Epps has got better and developed in large part due to getting more playing time. Hopefully K'Von does good on special teams and is able to eventually work his way onto the field and be that 3rd safety we can use against the run and blitzing. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

58 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

According to Inside the Birds podcast, Eagles are expected to have significant interest in signing JuJu Smith Schuster 

Also, looking at Richie James as a returner 

Justin Reid and JuJu have had a couple whispers

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Justin Reid and JuJu have had a couple whispers

Don't want to trade up for Ojabo but I like him. I'm all in on Reid. Cosell loves him. Juju would be nice bc he can be moved all around the formation like DeVonta and Quez. All good stuff. 

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Don't want to trade up for Ojabo but I like him. I'm all in on Reid. Cosell loves him. Juju would be nice bc he can be moved all around the formation like DeVonta and Quez. All good stuff. 

Yeah, in general they might need to move up for an edge though

27 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

You don't think any of Ojabo, Johnson or Karlaftis will be there?

Bruh why did you think I was trying to get your guys attention about a trade up during the combine a couple days ago a couple days ago when the DL/LB were testing?

I would never be talking like that about a trade up with that kind of vigor if I didn’t think the Eagles would need to move up to get someone we love.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy