2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think he’s probably better than I give him credit for sometimes. He’s just not my cup of tea as a pass rusher for a mid first and I think the Eagles will want someone more dynamic. Don’t make the same mistake you made with BG. Bet on traits. Something they didn’t do with Barnett which ticked me off when it happened. I think George will be a better NFL player than him though.

I'm good with Karlaftis in the 1st if we trade down to the backend of the round. Not saying he's bad, he's just a high floor/low ceiling guy.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

I'm good with Karlaftis in the 1st if we trade down to the backend of the round. Not saying he's bad, he's just a high floor/low ceiling guy.

Yeah same and I just edited my post right after you quoted. Put BG when I was talking about Barnett.

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah he made a huge mistake trading up for Fletcher Cox.

The fact you had to go all the way back to Cox for an example, isn't working in your favor given your sarcastic post. But thanks.  

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

The fact you had to go all the way back to Cox for an example, isn't working in your favor given your sarcastic post. But thanks.  

The fact that you aren't factoring in we have 3 first round picks this year and the optionality to be aggressive and that every year/situation is different isn’t working in your favor. But thanks.

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You are.

You can hear the angry tones throughout your posts.

The combine numbers are interesting, but they are more to confirm what you saw on tape or go back to the tape if they tested way better or worse than you were expecting.

You never are discussing prospects, so I doubt you’ve watched a lot of tape on these guys during the season or after. You are just going off what mainstream media says.

Also "underwear olympics" is super old man energy LOL.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Are there that many EDGE needy teams in front of us? The qb class sucking balls really hurts us. 

Depends how the FA / trade market goes. 
But Barnett is on short lists for FA edges, so that speaks to the strength there. And a ton of teams need help there.

1. Jags don’t NEED one but it wouldn’t hurt and looking like a possibility
  2. Lions need one 
  3. Texans have a need
  4. Jets have a big need
  5. Giants need an edge
  6. Panthers are probably going QB
  7. Giants again
  8. Falcons always need an edge guy
  9. Broncos need one, but Rodgers trade + bringing back Von Miller could change things. Packers would probably go Edge in this QB class
  10. Jets again
  11. Washington doesn’t need one, probably QB
  12. Vikings need one 
  13. Browns probably are fine not taking one
  14. Ravens need one 

So 11/14 teams who would be in at least on that market. Saving grace is all the OTs and those teams needing oline help. All the corners + Hamilton should help push guys down too.

If you want one of Hutch, Thibs, Walker, Johnson, Ojabo you’re probably going to have to move up. I’d target #9-10 in a predraft trade. You’re only going to have to give up a 3rd rounder (or Dillard) and a little something else probably.

29 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You are.

You can hear the angry tones throughout your posts.

The combine numbers are interesting, but they are more to confirm what you saw on tape or go back to the tape if they tested way better or worse than you were expecting.

You never are discussing prospects, so I doubt you’ve watched a lot of tape on these guys during the season or after. You are just going off what mainstream media says.

You're right, I don't watch tape like some of, don't know as much, do count on the actual experts to help form most of my opinions. Sue me.

What I can't stand and never have frankly are those around this forum who seem to change thier options like flip flops primarily based of 4 days running around in thier underwear. That's IS NOT DIRECTED to anyone in particular TO BE CRYSTAL CLEAR but if the shoe fits to some of you, wear it.

Sure it might confirm what people might of seen on tape but it ALWAYS ALWAYS seems to vault players underservingly up their draft boards, because the "combined" made them instantly better. 👍That's all. 40x, cones, vertical, ect ect!

Everyone's an Expert, a GM, a Draft Guru. I get it. Or at least watched it unfold for the past 15 years on this site of I know best, hear me roar! 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

43 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're right, I don't watch tape like some of, don't know as much, do count on the actual experts to help form most of my opinions. Sue me.

Nah. That's fine. I'm not telling you that you have to watch a bunch of college. I'm just saying he's allowed to be lower on Karlaftis.

43 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What I can't stand and never have frankly are those around this forum who seem to change thier options like flip flops primarily based of 4 days running around in thier underwear. That's IS NOT DIRECTED to anyone in particular TO BE CRYSTAL CLEAR but if the shoe fits to some of you, wear it.

That's fine. There does tend to be some crazy opinions after amazing combine performances, but I don't think that's what's going on in the scenario that started this whole discussion with Karlaftis.

46 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sure it might confirm what people might of seen on tape but it ALWAYS ALWAYS seems to vault players underservingly up their draft boards, because the "combined" made them instantly better. 👍That's all. 40x, cones, vertical, ect ect!

I think you can learn stuff from the combine. It's still useful. I like the on field drills even more than the testing cause you get to see their movement skills, burst, bend, etc compared to other top prospects in succession which makes it a bit easier to judge. I also think certain tests are more important to certain positions and you have to know what you are looking for.

48 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Everyone's an Expert, a GM, a Draft Guru. I get it. Or at least watched it unfold for the past 15 years on this site of I know best, hear me roar! 🍺

I think everyone here would tell you they are far from an expert. Scouting and projecting is hard. Half or more of teams picks don't usually work out and those are the people making the big bucks to make these calls.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yes after Reagor, let's hope!! 🤞 But he said Cox, so....

DeVonta slipped my mind for some reason, but Cox has a long established career as a great player and all time Eagle, so it made more sense anyways to use him, cause he's a shining example. Hopefully DeVonta can have a great long successful career with us and be another one. 

How many trade ups have worked out bad for us in the 1st round under Howie? Dillard? I still think he can be a solid starting LT in the league if we trade him this off-season and think he's been pretty screwed by circumstances.

Now, tell me about all our first round picks in the 2nd half of the first round which we didn't trade up for and stayed put or traded down.

2020? Stayed put in the 2nd half of the 1st round at 21 and got Jalen Reagor.

2015? Stayed put in the 2nd half of the 1st round at 20 and got Nelson Agholor.

2014? Moved down a few spots w/ Cleveland in the 2nd half of the 1st and took Marcus Smith.

2011? Stayed put at 23 and took Danny Watkins.

If you want to trust the Eagles to just sit on their hands and wait as guys they probably have higher come off the board and don't want to consider a trade up at all, then that's your prerogative Nabbs, but I think you're wrong. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy