2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

49 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If you want to trust the Eagles to just sit on their hands and wait as guys they probably have higher come off the board and don't want to consider a trade up at all, then that's your prerogative Nabbs, but I think you're wrong. 

Not sure where given all of the quotes the past 2 pgs this was your conclusion,  but it's the complete and utter opposite?

Wgen you recognize a player you want , you don't wait and hope they drop. If it means spending "valuable" draft capital to move up, you do it. Plain and simple. Howie rarely does.

Now if those examples above were players they supposedly wanted "instead"  of the players they were left to draft instead of moving up for the Lambs, Peters, OBJ, Dix, Ford, Pouncey, Amukamura"s of the NFL then that's an inditement of just how bad Howie and this FO are.

That's all

18 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

No we have to trade up especially if we can snag Hamilton or Gardner.

I'd love Hamilton on the Eagles, but I think if we trade up its more likely its gonna be for an edge rusher knowing the teams history and how they value positions and also cause Howie's last words at the NFL combine presser that pass rush/pass rusher is a priority and he would be very surprised if we didn't do something there.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wgen you recognize a player you want , you don't wait and hope they drop. If it means spending "valuable" draft capital to move up, you do it. Plain and simple. Howie rarely does.

I'd argue he does small trade ups in the top 15 based on history and only has done a big trade up for a QB (Wentz).

This year is different though as far as what the market should be like for buyers and us having 3 firsts.

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

then that's an inditement of just how bad Howie and this FO are.

Nah it wasn't that either.

Anyways, I don't think you're understanding where I'm coming from and that's okay.

This convo is getting stale. Let's just drop it.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nah it wasn't that either.

Anyways, I don't think you're understanding where I'm coming from and that's okay.

This convo is getting stale. Let's just drop it.

Rather you explain the 4 examples you gave as them staying put which has proven to of been numerois mistakes by Howie's?

Either it was

A: Examples of them not willing to move up for the better more highly rated players because the other draft picks were more important to Howie  and not worth the trade.

Or

B: Players Howie was acrually targeting,  assumed they'd drop to said selections making the choices even more rediculous in Hindsight. 

8 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Would you give up Hurts to DEN / WAS / CAR if they called and offered:

2022 1st 

2023 1st

for

Jalen Hurts

2022 3rd Rounder

I mean I think that's a no-brainer deal for us. I don't think Hurts is worth a single first round pick, let alone two first round picks.