2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

18 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

EAGLES NEED TO CALL SEA NOW AND GET DK METCALF

So he can get 800 yards catching passes from Hurts? We'd be paying him 25 mill a season by the time we get a QB who can justify whatever contract we give DK. We need to draft a guy that will be on a rookie deal for 4 years, not trade for a guy we have to pay as soon as he gets here.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

My one hold up is I don't know how good Hurts would be hitting him downfield like Russ did who is one of the better deep ball throwers IMO or at least it seems like it.

Let me help you out- he'd be bad at it. And he'd be bad at hitting DK over the middle. Jalen Hurts is good at throwing short passes, and that's it.

Edited by Jeezla

Actually nvm DK only has 1 year of control left on his deal.

He wasn't a first round pick, so he doesn't have the 5th year option and I thought he had been in the league for 2 years for some reason.

I don't trust him re-signing here. I could easily see him not putting up great numbers like @Jeezlasaid or him getting sensitive to boos if he has a case of the drops which he is known for. He had 7 drops as a rookie, 8 drops during the COVID season and 4 drops last year.

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So he can get 800 yards catching passes from Hurts? We'd be paying him 25 mill a season by the time we get a QB who can justify whatever contract we give DK. We need to draft a guy that will be on a rookie deal for 4 years, not trade for a guy we have to pay as soon as he gets here.

Hurts is gone next season anyway. Boom Get Metcalf, later this summer Watson gets cleared of everything and boom Trade hurts and future assets after this draft boom.

Watson

Metcalf

2 or 3 1st rounders this year 

Boom Teams set for the next few years lol

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Let me help you out- he'd be bad at it.

I mean he was this year, but the deep ball is generally where he succeeded more in college.

I think a lot of the problem with Hurts deep passing was timing and anticipation more than arm strength although that came into play sometimes.