2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

10 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

So we offered for Russ?

I think it’s like Pete said, but maybe some more information will come out, but right now that Allbright (Denver) Twitter post is all I’ve seen on it. It’s really not surprising we would at least inquire about Russ. He’s the one that “got away” for Howie.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

36 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think it’s like Pete said, but maybe some more information will come out, but right now that Allbright (Denver) Twitter post is all I’ve seen on it. It’s really not surprising we would at least inquire about Russ. He’s the one that “got away” for Howie.

there were the reports last week that russ had no interest in the east coast. Howie probably made a phone call at least.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

there were the reports last week that russ had no interest in the east coast. Howie probably made a phone call at least.

Howie always makes the phone calls I have no doubt about that. The whole actual official offer I’m not sure. 

I’m not hurt by his choice at all. I probably would’ve went to Denver too. Much less pressure than Philly and they have a better roster overall than we do.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah it's just any time I see "offer" that raises my eyebrows a bit and opens up a significant door to other questions. 

22 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah it's just any time I see "offer" that raises my eyebrows a bit and opens up a significant door to other questions. 

Significant questions about Jalen Hurts? I don’t really think it does. I think they like Jalen as a leader and worker and saw enough improvement to give him another year, but that doesn’t mean they still aren’t gonna explore options of what’s out there. After the year was over and they had their final press conferences and stuff I thought it’s unlikely that we would take a QB first round, but trading for an established top QB was a definite possibility.

Now all that is really left I would think is Watson, but Ian didn’t mention us as one of the teams here.

But, good chance if he’s cleared we’ll make a call on the price for him too.

On 2/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I kinda hope if the Colts do get rid of him that he ends up in Washington, so we still get to play him this season. 

Wentz and Jimmy G feel like the type of QBs that Washington could actually land. I don't see any of the top QBs who might want to be traded telling the front office they'll waive their no trade clause to go to the Commanders.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

TBH. I was expecting Wentz to the Steelers, personally. 

I don't think they would want someone with his character concerns and I don't think they are as desperate as I knew Washington would be. Tomlin is established and there for the long run. He's not worried about his job. 

But, I get how you might've come to that conclusion. 

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't think they would want someone with his character concerns and I don't think they are as desperate as I knew Washington would be. Tomlin is established and there for the long run. He's not worried about his job. 

But, I get how you might've come to that conclusion. 

I was just so ready for this.

• Like 1