2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I could've sworn Bradford was our starter for more than 1 season? was it really only 2015?

Yep. 4 seasons with the Rams, then 1 season with the Eagles, then 2 with the Vikings, and last year on the Cards then out of the league. Considering how much money he made I doubt he's too upset about how his career played out.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

It was only 2015. He was going to be our starter in 2016 and was with us the entire preseason, but got traded right before the season started.

Yep.

Bridgewater suffering that brutal knee injury in training camp made Minnesota desperate and at that point we had to take advantage. 

According to Inside the Birds podcast, Eagles have interest in LB/DE Hassan Reddick to play that Genard Avery Rush LB/DE role. 

They also brought up Emmanuel Ogbah, Uchenna Nwosu as a players of interest as well as the SAM LB/DE as well.

It looks like they are going to put some money into upgrading over Avery and increasing that role in the defense a la Anthony Barr in Minnesota 

Also according to Inside the Birds, they are getting the sense that the Eagles are going to make a "bigger splash in Free Agency" and are "poised to spend at safety". They brought up Marcus Williams and Justin Reid as players that they are interested in. 

They also brought up Christian Kirk as a potential target to go along with JuJu at WR. 

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

According to Inside the Birds podcast, Eagles have interest in LB/DE Hassan Reddick to play that Genard Avery Rush LB/DE role. 

They also brought up Emmanuel Ogbah, Uchenna Nwosu as a players of interest as well as the SAM LB/DE as well.

It looks like they are going to put some money into upgrading over Avery and increasing that role in the defense a la Anthony Barr in Minnesota 

I'm assuming Reddick is going to cash in on a significant payday - if not he would be the perfect fit. I also like Nwosu in that role, he's shown versatility during his tenure with LAC. 

24 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'm assuming Reddick is going to cash in on a significant payday - if not he would be the perfect fit. I also like Nwosu in that role, he's shown versatility during his tenure with LAC. 

I’d like him as a DE. But that role, unless expanded, isn’t utilized enough, IMO. 

36 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I’d like him as a DE. But that role, unless expanded, isn’t utilized enough, IMO. 

Agreed. That role just isn't significant enough for me to want to sink a large money commitment into it. As you said, unless it is greatly expanded, I just don't see sound reasoning there. 

53 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You'd have to assume if they're going to pay the contract that Reddick is projected to get that the role will be greatly expanded. I can't see them shelling out a huge contract to utilize that RLB role the same way they did with Avery.