2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Howie probably. 

Still hasn't cut JJ.

I mean to outsiders, but true. Howie doesn't like admitting he made a mistake on a pick until its blatantly obvious its over. I don't think Howie would hesitate to draft a receiver just cause of those past mistakes though. He probably wants to prove he can hit again lol. DeVonta was already so polished coming into the league. Roseman knows he probably doesn't get a ton of credit for that.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean to outsiders, but true. Howie doesn't like admitting he made a mistake on a pick until its blatantly obvious its over. I don't think Howie would hesitate to draft a receiver just cause of those past mistakes though. He probably wants to prove he can hit again lol. DeVonta was already so polished coming into the league. Roseman knows he probably doesn't get a ton of credit for that.

Fair enough, but there probably isn't going to be a no-brainer pick like Smith there this year. 

Rolling the dice on our scouting department vs picking up a vet who is a somewhat known quantity is something that may not be a risk worth taking in the first when we have the need for young talent all over the roster. 

26 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah. I checked Jimmy's updated picks page he does to make sure.

I'm not sure why we traded like two 6th round picks for corners we didn't even play this year really.

I guess they planned to take depth DBs anyway? Dunno

One thing I notice when I’m doing those mock draft machines is it super easy to end up with a ton of guys. Like are they really going to add 15+ new guys between the draft and free agency

5 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Fair enough, but there probably isn't going to be a no-brainer pick like Smith there this year. 

Depends who you ask, cause a lot would consider Burks a no brainer pick for us.

5 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Rolling the dice on our scouting department vs picking up a vet who is a somewhat known quantity is something that may not be a risk worth taking in the first when we have the need for young talent all over the roster. 

I guess, but just depends on who they like on the market. I don't want to do some big overpay either. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I guess they planned to take depth DBs anyway? Dunno

I guess. I just thought those late round picks would be valuable with so many players who will be entering this draft cause of the added year due to COVID and such a small draft class last year.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

One thing I notice when I’m doing those mock draft machines is it super easy to end up with a ton of guys. Like are they really going to add 15+ new guys between the draft and free agency

You can definitely get carried away. Back in the day when those mock draft machines were new I used to always trade back on them and get a bunch of picks, but its never realistic lol. I think I used a site called first pick or something like that.

I do think our team could use a huge infusion of young talent though. Let whoever is better in the offseason battle it out for a roster spot lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just don't know how crazy I am about essentially throwing another year away with Hurts at QB.

We need to build a team. If we were a QB away this mindset might work…. We aren’t. Hurts gets one more year to see if he can improve even if it is unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just don't know how crazy I am about essentially throwing another year away with Hurts at QB.

Could be worse. Could be throwing away $160M for the next 4 on Dak and accomplishingthe same thing??

At least Hurts is on a Rookie contract. Build everything else up around him, replace him in 2023 if he doesn't show he's gotten any better next season.

Not a hard concept. A lot better then wasting another 1st rd pick on a rookie QB, trading all your draft picks for a Vet when you all have clearly stated,  we have numerous holes!

We aren't a Rodgers, Watson, Wilson away from SB Champs in 2022. Let's be real.

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If this was last years QB class we would be moving up for someone and even last years rookie which was supposed to be the one of the best QB classes ever had mostly everyone struggle. I know some of those rookie would've played better behind this Eagles OL, but yeah. Now we have a very underwhelming QB class this year and a lot to improve talent wise. I get that we want a better passer, but what's the path to it this offseason? Are you trading all our first for Russell Wilson who will be 34 this year? Are you drafting one of the QBs in the middle of the first?

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

If this was last years QB class we would be moving up for someone and even last years rookie which was supposed to be the one of the best QB classes ever had mostly everyone struggle. I know some of those rookie would've played better behind this Eagles OL, but yeah. Now we have a very underwhelming QB class this year and a lot to improve talent wise. I get that we want a better passer, but what's the path to it this offseason? Are you trading all our first for Russell Wilson who will be 34 this year? Are you drafting one of the QBs in the middle of the first?

There really aren't any great options. I'm aware of that. Just saying I'm not crazy about having back to back years with a likely ceiling of, what, 1 playoff win? Hard to really look forward to any season knowing your QB is a total lame duck. This was the Jalen Hurts season. He proved he's not a franchise guy to me. I've seen all that I need to. Knowing I have to see it all over again is aggravating. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Could be worse. Could be throwing away $160M for the next 4 on Dak and accomplishingthe same thing??

At least Hurts is on a Rookie contract. Build everything else up around him, replace him in 2023 if he doesn't show he's gotten any better next season.

Not a hard concept. A lot better then wasting another 1st rd pick on a rookie QB, trading all your draft picks for a Vet when you all have clearly stated,  we have numerous holes!

We aren't a Rodgers, Watson, Wilson away from SB Champs in 2022. Let's be real.

Replace Hurts with Watson or Rodgers on this team and I could absolutely envision an NFCCG appearance with a reasonable chance to win. 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We need to build a team. If we were a QB away this mindset might work…. We aren’t. Hurts gets one more year to see if he can improve even if it is unlikely. 

I think Hurts will get better next year, but he's never gonna turn from a a meh to bad processor to some amazing processor. His arm isn't gonna get stronger. He does give us a guy with all the intangibles for a couple years that the players will rally behind him and build the right culture in the locker room unlike Wentz.

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

There really aren't any great options. I'm aware of that. Just saying I'm not crazy about having back to back years with a likely ceiling of, what, 1 playoff win?

Considering what a mess our organization was last year from front office to HC to starting QB. I think we should be happy with what transpired this year is all.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think we're closer to being a qb away than most think. 

Meh.