2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Well maybe im looking at it in the lens that the pick you would need to get ridley would also probably have been needed to get Wilson.

I think a 2nd and a 3rd would have got it done. You aren't exactly trading for a guy you can guarantee will want to be here or will want to be here for the right reasons. Dude might want to quit football during week 11. Who knows. Not the same as trading for a DK or Diggs or someone you know wants to play for a decade.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I think a 2nd and a 3rd would have got it done. You aren't exactly trading for a guy you can guarantee will want to be here or will want to be here for the right reasons. Dude might want to quit football during week 11. Who knows.

well Devonta and Jalen are supposed to be close to him. So it would have made sense for us to do.

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah its like should we spend resources on a receiver with Hurts as the QB?

Probably not.

At least we'll have good WR's for our 2023 QB. If you see Hurts do what he just did with the addition of Cooper or some other good WR, then you know it's time to move on (even though WE all already know it's time to move on, but we're kind of screwed since the draft sucks and Derek Carr is the best QB we could feasibly trade for).

Maybe we draft Willis?

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

At least we'll have good WR's for our 2023 QB. If you see Hurts do what he just did with the addition of Cooper or some other good WR, then you know it's time to move on.

I do think we should add a veteran in FA. If for no other reason other than reagor never plays for us again.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I do think we should add a veteran in FA. If for no other reason other than reagor never plays for us again.

Reagor will be our #4, then we'll let him go after the season

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

If you were moving and had like a pool table in your garage you needed to move, and Derek Barnett was like "Hey, i'll move that pool table for 40 bucks", you wouldn't pay him 40 bucks?

Hell no. If I dropped a paint can and needed someone to get it before it rolled away, he’s my man. Otherwise, he’d screw it up. Somehow, he’d end up hitting my neighbor after the move for no reason at all. 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I would be worried about Coopers fit in an offense that features Jalen Hurts at QB.

Also, Cooper doesn’t really like to block which doesn’t seem to fit with ones that identity revolves around the run game. He doesn’t have that “dawg mentality” lol.

Lots of respect for Cooper as a receiver though. We did offer a 2nd for him before Dallas came in with a 1st. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Also, Cooper doesn’t really like to block which doesn’t seem to fit with ones that identity revolves around the run game. He doesn’t have that “dawg mentality” lol.

Lots of respect for Cooper as a receiver though. We did offer a 2nd for him before Dallas came in with a 1st. 

He's a good player I just feel like he would probably end up complaining about touches here.

• Like 1