2022 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Tyreek Hill punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach. Antonio Brown continued to get work after an array of issues. How many intoxicated driving incidents? The Dallas Cowboys love themselves some crime. The NFL employs a considerable amount of scumbags considering how high and mighty they come off. Let’s not get it confused. He will play for another 10 years. And when/if he wins, it’ll be looked at like a reclamation story. This is par for the course in this league. 

• Like 1

Just now, ninjapirate said:

Yeah which was a PR nightmare

For about 6 weeks. Vick went for a multimillion contract after that. Lurie’s net worth sky rocketed, NFL made millions off jersey sales. Eagle fans lined up at the door.  Calculated risks to a businessman, which paid off huge. Lurie would do it again in a heartbeat. 

I guess some people conveniently forgetting that Vick served literal jail time and didn't just waltz into a team with no repercussions. The absolute exact opposite of what was just announced for watson lol. Watson isn't going to jail, that's all this means. We're probably about to see 20+ settlement cases announced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

I guess some people conveniently forgetting that Vick served literal jail time and didn't just waltz into a team with no repercussions. The absolute exact opposite of what was just announced for watson lol. Watson isn't going to jail, that's all this means. We're probably about to see 20+ settlement cases announced.

Just because he served jail time doesn’t erase the atrocities. He still carried that weight. He paid his “debt” to society.  But the stigma lasts. 

Watson was literally found not charged of any criminal complaints by a grand jury. Vick was convicted. Watson just has allegations. A lot of smoke but no fire. Will there be settlements? Possibly. But Watsons name can be cleared from this. And really would have legal action against any slander.

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

For about 6 weeks. Vick went for a multimillion contract after that. Lurie’s net worth sky rocketed, NFL made millions off jersey sales. Eagle fans lined up at the door.  Calculated risks to a businessman, which paid off huge. Lurie would do it again 

He's a great player I thought he was a top 3 guy a couple years ago. Just kind of a gross person to trade for on the human being side of things.

• Like 1

Just now, ninjapirate said:

He's a great player I thought he was a top 3 guy a couple years ago. Just kind of a gross person to trade for on the human being side of things.

Well, do you believe in the justice system? It’s reasonable to believe, or at the least arguable, he did nothing wrong. Scummy? Probably. But people do weird ish every day and don’t have to go to jail or lose their job over it. Personal opinion, he’s probably a gross dude that took his stature and power over some innocents too far. But what is the real complaint here? None of them had enough evidence or corroboration to get anything to stick. Could just be an innocent man sent up the river. Could just be a freaky dude that got called out by a couple women not into his kink. All these things have to be considered now. Innocents included. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Just because he served jail time doesn’t erase the atrocities. He still carried that weight. He paid his “debt” to society.  But the stigma lasts. 

Watson was literally found not charged of any criminal complaints by a grand jury. Vick was convicted. Watson just has allegations. A lot of smoke but no fire. Will there be settlements? Possibly. But Watsons name can be cleared from this. And really would have legal action against any slander.

In no way did I imply that. The humanitarian work he did after serving his state sanction atonement helped mend the atrocities he caused. 

And please don't pretend a multimillionaire star athlete not getting jailtime for something he might have done illegally can't and doesn't happen. And "smoke but no fire" applies to a single or couple sketchy allegations. 20+ allegations is more of a "still smoldering scorched earth that people aren't 100 percent sure the toaster caused it but the toasters wire was split and probably caused it". 

We were all so quick to say "smoke no fire" to wentz when it was just Alshon complaining. Now that the colts join in everyone is in agreement that he's most likely a tool. I imagine if 20+ teams said the same we'd probably believe it.

4 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

In no way did I imply that. The humanitarian work he did after serving his state sanction atonement helped mend the atrocities he caused. 

And please don't pretend a multimillionaire star athlete not getting jailtime for something he might have done illegally can't and doesn't happen. And "smoke but no fire" applies to a single or couple sketchy allegations. 20+ allegations is more of a "still smoldering scorched earth that people aren't 100 percent sure the toaster caused it but the toasters wire was split and probably caused it". 

We were all so quick to say "smoke no fire" to wentz when it was just Alshon complaining. Now that the colts join in everyone is in agreement that he's most likely a tool. I imagine if 20+ teams said the same we'd probably believe it.

You’re talking here say. I’m talking facts. If those women had a leg to stand on then they’d be going after him. Why wouldn’t they? But a grand jury didn’t charge him with one thing. That’s a huge turn in all of this. Huge. 

And by no means am I advocating for him to join the Eagles. I’ve said over and over, I’d just rather not at this point, innocent or guilty. But with months and months of investigation and allegations, it’s all bunk. Not a one thing they can charge him with. Unless you’re personally privy to those interviews and police records then I’m going to assume all those allegations are flimsy at best, maybe even all out lies. Until new information is available, if it ever does come out, Watson might look like a creep but there’s possibility of witch hunt. It’s in the realm of possibility now he’s just a kinky dude who did nothing wrong, lawfully. 

Just now, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If he was found guilty sure. He wasn't though. I'm ok with bringing him in if that's what they wanna do

What this also means is that Watson is probably going to cost a lot to acquire again. Probably not quite a Russel Wilson package, but likely multiple FRPs.

• Like 1