Who we got next?

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The problem I really see is are the Bucs OL injuries. Jensen, Wirfs and Wells are all banged up and questionable. The Cardinals can expose that as well but I would not want to face Donald if you are missing important pieces.

Final 4 in the conference, they're going to play a good team.  They' ve schemed pretty well against Donald with this coaching staff.  Donald is a terrific player no doubt.  Let s not forget the Rams have a major problem at safety.  Weddle has to come out of retirement is a major issue. The coaching will have the opportunity to craft a game plan before kickoff knowing the health status of the OL.  Probably a little easier to create a game plan then adjust on the fly.  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Final 4 in the conference, they're going to play a good team.  They' ve schemed pretty well against Donald with this coaching staff.  Donald is a terrific player no doubt.  Let s not forget the Rams have a major problem at safety.  Weddle has to come out of retirement is a major issue. The coaching will have the opportunity to craft a game plan before kickoff knowing the health status of the OL.  Probably a little easier to create a game plan then adjust on the fly.  

I think come Sunday the Bucs will be thinking they should've cut AB once OBJ cleared waivers b/c they could sure use OBJ this weekend on their side and not on the Rams side. 

21 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

They need to get Fournette back for the Rams game. Can't be one dimensional

What they needed was the Cardinals to show up tonight but that didn't happen and now they face the prospects of having their secondary dismembered by Copper Kupp, ODB, Van Jefferson & Tyler Higbee. Wouldn't surprise me if the Rams got some good runs in as well against the Bucs defense. On the offensive side I think it's a repeat of week 3 when the Bucs got nothing done until the game was way over. Also the Bucs offensive line injuries will most likely lead to Brady getting the Saints treatment.

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

What I find fascinating is the perception the Rams have the Bucs number.  2 straight wins, fair enough.  SF/GB game is Saturday night.  If GB wins, it would appear the Pack has the Rams number similiarly.  Do the Rams then come in with less of an edge to Tampa on Sunday?

No idea. I do know this though, I was at the game in September. We really didnt play THAT badly on D. We just played horribly on third down. Rams kept converting. with our secondary fully healthy we’ll see how Bowles calls the game. 

Our pass rush was non existent too and that was with healthy JPP Shaq and Vea. Blitzes didnt work either

Going have to throw the kitchen sink in terms of looks at Stafford

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Our pass rush was non existent too and that was with healthy JPP Shaq and Vea. Blitzes didnt work either

Going have to throw the kitchen sink in terms of looks at Stafford

Their offense is similar to the Saints' offense. And that's never worked in our favor.

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

What they needed was the Cardinals to show up tonight but that didn't happen and now they face the prospects of having their secondary dismembered by Copper Kupp, ODB, Van Jefferson & Tyler Higbee. Wouldn't surprise me if the Rams got some good runs in as well against the Bucs defense. On the offensive side I think it's a repeat of week 3 when the Bucs got nothing done until the game was way over. Also the Bucs offensive line injuries will most likely lead to Brady getting the Saints treatment.

Hard to disagree. 

Bucs by 17.

10 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Hard to disagree. 

Bucs by 17.

The only real advantage the Bucs have in this game is homefield but other than that the on field matchups all favor the Rams. Rams WR/TE vs Bucs secondary is a serious mismatch. Without Tristian Wirfs this might get ugly up front for the Bucs. 

24 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

The only real advantage the Bucs have in this game is homefield but other than that the on field matchups all favor the Rams. Rams WR/TE vs Bucs secondary is a serious mismatch. Without Tristian Wirfs this might get ugly up front for the Bucs. 

I like the Bucs secondary when healthy actually. My biggest concern would be Devin White in coverage against the TEs.

I also think the Bucs weapons can really hurt the Rams DBs.

I expect this game to be low scoring. Ultimately I don't think Stafford can win a road playoff game and will make a critical mistake that will lose LAR the game.

These are all tough games from here on out, if you want to advance you have to play your best game but that goes for every team.

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I like the Bucs secondary when healthy actually. My biggest concern would be Devin White in coverage against the TEs.

I also think the Bucs weapons can really hurt the Rams DBs.

I expect this game to be low scoring. Ultimately I don't think Stafford can win a road playoff game and will make a critical mistake that will lose LAR the game.

These are all tough games from here on out, if you want to advance you have to play your best game but that goes for every team.

We better hope it's not the week 3 Matthew Stafford that torched the Bucs secondary. Even when healthy I don't like how the Bucs cover as if they don't get pressure in 3rd & long passing situations they tend to not get off the field. Not just the secondary but the LB's tend to not be able to cover as well and Devon White is actually supposed to be a good coverage LB.

As far as the Bucs weapons go the only weapon we're sure about is Mike Evans & Gronk as outside of them they don't have much assuming Leonard Fournette is still injured. You can't seem to rely on folks like Scottie Miller, Tyler Johnson, Jalen Darden, Brashad Perriman & Cyril Grayson. If the Bucs struggle to score TD's this game could get away from them just like week 3 did.

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

We better hope it's not the week 3 Matthew Stafford that torched the Bucs secondary. Even when healthy I don't like how the Bucs cover as if they don't get pressure in 3rd & long passing situations they tend to not get off the field. Not just the secondary but the LB's tend to not be able to cover as well and Devon White is actually supposed to be a good coverage LB.

As far as the Bucs weapons go the only weapon we're sure about is Mike Evans & Gronk as outside of them they don't have much assuming Leonard Fournette is still injured. You can't seem to rely on folks like Scottie Miller, Tyler Johnson, Jalen Darden, Brashad Perriman & Cyril Grayson. If the Bucs struggle to score TD's this game could get away from them just like week 3 did.

White can't cover all that well and teams try to exploit that. So in order for the Bucs to win, they will need that guy to step up like he did in last years playoffs. But week 3 is not a good indicator as the Bucs did not get pressure up front and were not healthy in the secondary. They had to bring up more guys and left their secondary exposed, they were screwed in other words. I don't remember who exactly it was between Desir or Delaney, I believe Delaney, but they had this guy come in mid game and he had major trouble covering as did Cockrell. 

The Tampa Bay offense is not likely to light the Rams up with the injury concerns they have. However they can exploit some matchups there with the Rams LBs and safeties.